Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MSRP

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know this has been discussed in another thread but I can't find it anywhere and I don't know what the resolution was. I am financing through State Farm and they need the MSRP, it can't be the purchase agreement per the bank. Has anyone else had this issue and was Tesla able to provide the MSRP?

There was a post in another thread about this, and someone claimed their insurance used base model price and didn't factor in options. Didn't seem right, but perhaps talk to your insurance and ask them if they are looking for purchase price or base model MSRP.

I know this has been discussed in another thread but I can't find it anywhere and I don't know what the resolution was. I am financing through State Farm and they need the MSRP, it can't be the purchase agreement per the bank. Has anyone else had this issue and was Tesla able to provide the MSRP?
Did you ever get this resolved? If so, how? Dealing with a similar issue right now with State Farm.

Is this a trick question? Wouldn’t the MSRP be the price Tesla shows on the website when you build the car with your selected options?
You'd think it would be that easy, yes. State Farm Bank has had issues, though, because (a) they haven't ever seen a 2020 Model 3 before, apparently; and (b) the car isn't sold by a "dealership" and has no "window sticker"

You'd think it would be that easy, yes. State Farm Bank has had issues, though, because (a) they haven't ever seen a 2020 Model 3 before, apparently; and (b) the car isn't sold by a "dealership" and has no "window sticker"

OK, but if you give them the price on the website what else are they asking for?

Tesla does provide window stickers on their cars but you generally have to ask for them. They are supposed to print them out for every sale but they usually forget to do so.

OK, but if you give them the price on the website what else are they asking for?

Tesla does provide window stickers on their cars but you generally have to ask for them. They are supposed to print them out for every sale but they usually forget to do so.

That's good to know, thanks. I asked my SA if I could get the window sticker, but haven't heard anything back. I've also tried simply supplying the price on the website to State Farm Bank, as you suggested. Hopefully that works.

You can get a "window sticker" from your delivery person (also known as a "monroney sticker". They can print one out and give it to you when you take delivery. You should also be able to look at your MVPA (motor vehicle purchase agreement).

• Informative
Reactions: ZappCatt
You can get a "window sticker" from your delivery person (also known as a "monroney sticker". They can print one out and give it to you when you take delivery. You should also be able to look at your MVPA (motor vehicle purchase agreement).
I sent over the MVPA, but the first post on this thread indicates that the MVPA was insufficient (which is what led me to be concerned). But now that I understand you can get this information during delivery my concerns are alleviated.

Thanks all!

For future reference, in case anyone comes to this thread (like I did) looking for the answer to this, the MVPA was sufficient.

I was thinking it might be. I also think that the "purchase agreement" mentioned in by the first poster is likely not a MVPA but, instead, the document that appears in your account after you order, but before you get a MVPA. I think it said purchase agreement, but I also think that when they upload your MVPA you no longer have that document any longer in your account.

The MVPA is the sales contract that tesla uses, similar to when you buy a car from a regular dealer and get that long printout on a dot matrix printer with all the exclusions, and pricing you sometimes have to "go to section XXX to see supplemental info" to see. In tesla's case, its a refreshingly simple document.

They're actually required by federal law to have them on the window (only to be removed by the buyer) or face a $1000 per car fine for failing to do so.

Nobody appears to enforce this law though since they routinely fail to do this.