Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mt Buller and ABRP M3 RWD (60kwh 2023)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The in car navigation says that I can make it back to Yea with 15% after I leave the Yea supercharger, presumably at 100 or close to it after changing for 45 minutes, however, ABRP is taking me back to Yea via Gippsland, presumably because it thinks I can't get back to Yea. I've included a screenshot of the route below. Has anyone done this trip? Is the car or ABRP right?

Screenshot_20230625_201237_ABRP.jpg

Last edited:
In my experience the car has been more accurate on my trips.
However, a lot depends upon how you set up ABRP. Did you use the default settings? Did you give it access to your car's real info via the API?
My personal experience has been that ABRP is (deliberately) on the pessimistic side- if you just take the defaults.
The car itself has always been accurate to within a few percent (for me). Particularly since they added in realtime wind and the like.
I'd give it a go. You can always slow down a little if things are looking bad.

Reactions: GeoQuack
In my experience the car has been more accurate on my trips.
Good to know, thank you.

However, a lot depends upon how you set up ABRP. Did you use the default settings? Did you give it access to your car's real info via the API?
ABRP does have access to the car API.

My personal experience has been that ABRP is (deliberately) on the pessimistic side- if you just take the defaults.
Interesting. I've seen many say the opposite but they are mostly not based in Australia.