Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mudflap.... sealing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have installed the OEM mudflaps. They really have created a ledge up top. Additionally, there is a hole (not sure why it is there) at the gap between body pannels, seems like this will just funnel debris into the hole. THe mudflaps are very nice, just a mess of how they fit up top. I did put PPF behind them seeing the problems other have had.

My plan is to seal up the top with silicone sealant, including that hole. Any problem with that? Just wanted to check before I sealed the top edge.

Thanks,

mudflaps2.jpg

Yeah I wondered about that hole too. I installed Tesbro mud flaps recently and they have a little gap there too although the flaps go up higher than yours. I put some gorilla tape on on both sides of the mud flaps when I installed them (all black so not noticeable). I'll take if off if there's a reason for that hole but to me it just seemed like a point of ingress for road grime to the car and then towards the lower door seal.

These are the OEM flaps for the model 3. I am using both plastic and rubber pieces. They are nested together and look correct. They both have the same "top" level and look correct. Followed the instructions and all. Lower fitment looks fine too, just not the upper "shelf" by the hole.

Does someone have the OEM on a model 3 which has the hole covered? I would love to see a picture to see what i did wrong, or did i get the wrong things?

These are the OEM flaps for the model 3. I am using both plastic and rubber pieces. They are nested together and look correct. They both have the same "top" level and look correct. Followed the instructions and all. Lower fitment looks fine too, just not the upper "shelf" by the hole.

Does someone have the OEM on a model 3 which has the hole covered? I would love to see a picture to see what i did wrong, or did i get the wrong things?
Sorry, I was mistaken in my previous post. I have the OEM splashguard installed (without the additional mud flap) and there is indeed that hole you are referring to.