Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Multi Coat Red Picture Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why is there just a blue Y thread? Let's fix this!
20200329_141955.jpg
20200329_142055.jpg

This is exactly what mine will look like, if it ever arrives. (I was told I would get it by end of March, but the pandemic has thrown that out the window.)

I don't intend to change the outside appearance at all, past the PPF and ceramic coating. I do plan to cover the wood paneling and probably the center console. Not big on wood in a high-tech car, and also not a fan of piano black surfaces that show off fingerprints.

This is exactly what mine will look like, if it ever arrives. (I was told I would get it by end of March, but the pandemic has thrown that out the window.)

I don't intend to change the outside appearance at all, past the PPF and ceramic coating. I do plan to cover the wood paneling and probably the center console. Not big on wood in a high-tech car, and also not a fan of piano black surfaces that show off fingerprints.

Model 3 & Y Dashboards Replacements Black or White $299

Highly recommend the black alcantara dash to match the doors

This is what it will look like

cCGVJB4.jpg

I would do this if I had black interior. Looks amazing

The problem with these types of threads, especially the RED Tesla threads is that the images in the thread just can never do justice to just how wonderful and rich the color looks in person. It’s like a glorious moving pool of liquid red licorice, or a hot sea of warm molten lava or the richest red ruby lipstick or even better high contrastY red ruby SLIPPERS in person. Every time I see this color I ALMOST wish I had picked red. It has so much weight and depth in person. I wonder how many coats they end up putting on. I’ve heard its lower than most luxury OEM’s but it still looks VERY good.

• Love
Reactions: Reborn
The problem with these types of threads, especially the RED Tesla threads is that the images in the thread just can never do justice to just how wonderful and rich the color looks in person. It’s like a glorious moving pool of liquid red licorice, or a hot sea of warm molten lava or the richest red ruby lipstick or even better high contrastY red ruby SLIPPERS in person. Every time I see this color I ALMOST wish I had picked red. It has so much weight and depth in person. I wonder how many coats they end up putting on. I’ve heard its lower than most luxury OEM’s but it still looks VERY good.
Looks beautiful. Congratulations. I'm waiting for my red MY--AWD, not FSD , not performance, and 19" wheels

...I do plan to cover the wood paneling and probably the center console. Not big on wood in a high-tech car, and also not a fan of piano black surfaces that show off fingerprints.

The only addition to my Accord that I passed on was the wood trim interior, and I regretted it; I went with Sporty too. For an CSUV, it's not as sporty as the sedan. It's personal choice though. I love the bamboo wood veneer and went with a match on my console. The nice thing happening with ALL the Teslas, is people making them unique and to their own personal taste. Enjoy! - Red Leader.

Reactions: Electric Steve
The only addition to my Accord that I passed on was the wood trim interior, and I regretted it; I went with Sporty too. For an CSUV, it's not as sporty as the sedan. It's personal choice though. I love the bamboo wood veneer and went with a match on my console. The nice thing happening with ALL the Teslas, is people making them unique and to their own personal taste. Enjoy! - Red Leader.
Yeah, it's definitely a matter of personal taste. And, to be fair, I should give the wood trim a chance to grow on me before I pull the trigger on making it go away. But the shiny center console surface is definitely on the chopping block.