Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Multi Coat Red Picture Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here's my red long range, dual motor, AWD. Delivered on April 2nd.

20200405_161905_full_pic.jpg

Attachments

• 20200405_161905_full_pic.jpg
    20200405_161905_full_pic.jpg
    983 KB · Views: 152
These are the wheels I have on order in a 19" x 8.5". Give me a month or two and I'll have pics... :) I also photoshopped in doubling the width of the Black trim on the bottom. I like how it slims down the profile of the car. I'm going to try this with Plastidip to see if I like it. I can always peel it off if I don't...

Red Y Martian Wheels a.jpg

Red Y Martian Wheels.jpg

• Disagree
Reactions: TLLMRRJ
console for me went away --- thankfully -- finger prints alone killed me. The wood trim is next....I did do a little white wrap on the steering to match the outside as well as changed out the pedals, tire caps and re-painted the decals to black, removed the DM. Abstract Ocean is terrific.

The problem with these types of threads, especially the RED Tesla threads is that the images in the thread just can never do justice to just how wonderful and rich the color looks in person. It’s like a glorious moving pool of liquid red licorice, or a hot sea of warm molten lava or the richest red ruby lipstick or even better high contrastY red ruby SLIPPERS in person. Every time I see this color I ALMOST wish I had picked red. It has so much weight and depth in person. I wonder how many coats they end up putting on. I’ve heard its lower than most luxury OEM’s but it still looks VERY good.
talking about a car or a Stanford girl

Best color choice! I got red for my Model 3, but the Y looks likes a big tomato in red, so I ordered my Y in the same white

2020-05-05-12-56-45-1-jpg.541201
I always thought the best color for the MX was white (Stormtrooper look) and the MY is a mini-X, also the red is best offset by the chrome and silver, while all the black chrome delete, wheels, and tint of the TMY is best matched by like a blue, black, or grey.

Of course the red exterior is best matched by a tan interior but they don't offer that in the cheap cars.

Obligatory pic from an impromptu Holiday weekend Camping trip to Parker, AZ, heading from Los Angeles.

Pics are from Blythe, AZ Supercharger.

Definitely loaded the Cargo Rack and Car to the brim. Traveling with a 6 month old is no joke but the car made the trip with no issues and no range anxiety.

Range hit was 25% which is typical.

IMG_20200525_111511.jpg
IMG_20200525_111517.jpg
IMG_20200525_111621.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20200525_111629.jpg
    IMG_20200525_111629.jpg
    562.8 KB · Views: 109
Obligatory pic from an impromptu Holiday weekend Camping trip to Parker, AZ, heading from Los Angeles.

Pics are from Blythe, AZ Supercharger.
Definitely loaded the Cargo Rack and Car to the brim. Traveling with a 6 month old is no joke but the car made the trip with no issues and no range anxiety.
Range hit was 25% which is typical.

How does the multi-coat red compare to the Model 3? I know they should be the same but have not seen the Y and 3 next to each other.
thank you