Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Multiple Bluetooth connection?

lasttourist

Mar 30, 2021
PA
Hello. I’ve had my M3 for only a few weeks. But only noticing now that there is an unknown device connected to my phone via Bluetooth. I’m wondering if is also the Tesla (somehow)? Obviously I see the the device that says Tesla. But are there multiple connections…? I can’t disconnect and I can’t figure out what it is. The only thing new here is the car. I covered some of the text just because I didn’t know if it was sensitive info. Thanks.

Attachments

• F7179A33-7D9F-4610-8635-27616B0962FF.jpeg
    F7179A33-7D9F-4610-8635-27616B0962FF.jpeg
    112.6 KB · Views: 19

jjrandorin

Moderator, Model 3, Tesla Energy Forums
Nov 28, 2018
Riverside Co. CA
Hello. I’ve had my M3 for only a few weeks. But only noticing now that there is an unknown device connected to my phone via Bluetooth. I’m wondering if is also the Tesla (somehow)? Obviously I see the the device that says Tesla. But are there multiple connections…? I can’t disconnect and I can’t figure out what it is. The only thing new here is the car. I covered some of the text just because I didn’t know if it was sensitive info. Thanks.

Those are the phone as key bluetooth connections. Do not delete or otherwise mess with them (there will be multiple of those). Phone as key uses a different kind of bluetooth connection (Bluetooth LE or Bluetooth low energy) which is completely separate from the bluetooth connection you make for phonecalls, music etc.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC