Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Multiple Bluetooth connection?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello. I’ve had my M3 for only a few weeks. But only noticing now that there is an unknown device connected to my phone via Bluetooth. I’m wondering if is also the Tesla (somehow)? Obviously I see the the device that says Tesla. But are there multiple connections…? I can’t disconnect and I can’t figure out what it is. The only thing new here is the car. I covered some of the text just because I didn’t know if it was sensitive info. Thanks.

Attachments

• F7179A33-7D9F-4610-8635-27616B0962FF.jpeg
    F7179A33-7D9F-4610-8635-27616B0962FF.jpeg
    112.6 KB · Views: 434
Hello. I’ve had my M3 for only a few weeks. But only noticing now that there is an unknown device connected to my phone via Bluetooth. I’m wondering if is also the Tesla (somehow)? Obviously I see the the device that says Tesla. But are there multiple connections…? I can’t disconnect and I can’t figure out what it is. The only thing new here is the car. I covered some of the text just because I didn’t know if it was sensitive info. Thanks.

Those are the phone as key bluetooth connections. Do not delete or otherwise mess with them (there will be multiple of those). Phone as key uses a different kind of bluetooth connection (Bluetooth LE or Bluetooth low energy) which is completely separate from the bluetooth connection you make for phonecalls, music etc.

I have noticed the same thing with my 22MY. It was in for accident repair in march and ever since I hav had trouble having it see me approach it and not register my phone. The Bluetooth shows the car under what we named it and “TeslaXXXXX” with the last 5 of the vin. I can’t delete the vin link and that is new since being in service mode.