Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Multiple error messages came back twice, what is it?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I took delivery, I was told they found a problem with the car (systen errors) and that they were updating the software to fix it.

They then told me everything was OK, so when I took possession as soon as I drove out error messages came.

Now 5 days later, it shows up again. Its pretty scary, no regen braking and when pressing the brakes ABS comes on.

Any idea what it could be?? I am going to service tomorrow

86C6ABE2-BDC8-4619-A487-C191BFD62375.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: cwerdna
No idea, but it is looks like you found the trick for disabling Traction Control. Kidding aside, I would not drive it based on the safety restraint failure message. It could be a simple sensor, poor wiring harness connection or something more.

Off the top of my head, I'm not coming up with a single sensor or module failure to give that result - so my bet is it's a 12V power problem, either a bad 12V battery or a problem with the dc-dc converter that works like an alternator. Certainly something to raise with Service.

Off the top of my head, I'm not coming up with a single sensor or module failure to give that result - so my bet is it's a 12V power problem, either a bad 12V battery or a problem with the dc-dc converter that works like an alternator. Certainly something to raise with Service.

Is there a list of features that work off the 12v battery? Is it more than just accessories like door locks, windows, wipers, radio?

Is there a list of features that work off the 12v battery? Is it more than just accessories like door locks, windows, wipers, radio?

Everything except the traction motors and the heater and compressor for the HVAC, I think. Certainly all of the computers.

When you get a low but still present 12V voltage on any modern car, you start seeing weird things that aren't predictable, based on which modules happen to be able to handle slightly lower voltage than other modules on that particular car.

Everything except the traction motors and the heater and compressor for the HVAC, I think. Certainly all of the computers.

When you get a low but still present 12V voltage on any modern car, you start seeing weird things that aren't predictable, based on which modules happen to be able to handle slightly lower voltage than other modules on that particular car.

Long time owner of two Prius, that is one of the first suspects when a lot of warning lights and error messages come up.

Don’t wait - take that back right away and make them fix it.

Was your delivery done at a service center? I am lucky here in that both of the local Tesla locations are both delivery & service.

I’d bring it right back where it came from and (politely) let them know it’s unacceptable for a brand new vehicle to have those errors - especially when they knew about it beforehand and tried to fix with a software update - and that they’re going to make it right by you, right away.

If you picked up the car 5 days ago, you’re within the return period. That gives you some leverage - don’t let them “run the clock out” on a return. Let them know they have 24 hours to fix it or exchange for another vehicle before you file for a return ...

Lousy situation but that’s too many errors and gremlins for my taste for a Day 1 car.