Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Multiple failures

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I get all what you guys said. I know these issues don’t happen to everybody, too.

I made this post to stress that Tesla needs to get its act together. I’m sure they know already.

Some of these issues maybe have to do with making so many changes each quarter. Different parts, different manufacturers. Tesla likely doesn’t have enough time to check if every new addition plays well with everything else. It’s like a brand new model year car every quarter—with all its issues, too.
Every time I read these posts I realize that people have much higher expectations from Tesla than they do from others. I have had several new Mercedes, BMW, Audi, Nissan, Toyota, Honda and others. I have never had a true zero defect car. My SP85DL is the closest I have come yet, closely followed by a Porsche 993.

The Porsche had a single defect, a tie rod broke due to a manufacturing defect. It could have been catastrophic but happened in town so it was only a tow truck and replacement. No loaner, did not pay for the tow.

My P85DL had a 12v battery fail. Tesla sent a tow truck, gave me a loaner and fixed it free. On a Sunday, within two hours of my call. That's it.

We all should keep these things in perspective. We have higher expectations for Tesla and accuse them of serious problems even when they are niggling things common to other cars. Tesla certainly is not perfect, but they're much better than any other option of which I know.

Certainly Tesla is different, just as are other BEV's. If different is an impediment don't buy a BEV. Soon they will not be different. Buy one then. In the meantime, Tesla is the only manufacturer that actually solves customer problems directly, consistently. if that is good enough, buy one.

Don't expect perfection though. "Ain't gonna happen!" So far, no human invention seems to be perfect.