Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Multiple problems with my Solar install

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Its going to be a month.
Its stalemate.
My coordinator refused to call back or reply to my emails to address this issue, incomplete carpenter and other issues.
Carpenter was supposed to come in after 3 days of install to fix cables
Each time i call, a new rep says , they will get back to me on next steps in 48 hours

They keep sending me emails, they will send my account to collections for non payment
I have not paid them as yet. That does not seam to matter enough , so they call me
As other pointed out, I am getting more and more frustrated

Any suggestion, how i can get my job completed and when should i pay them ?
Holding Payment is the only ace i have on my side...

Last edited:
Seems like we all have different experiences with Tesla Energy, I had minor installation related issues resolved within a day or a week the most. I had property damage where their sub-contractor fixed within 2 months. I finally just got my Ipe deck repaired after 6 months but that mostly because no one seems to sell pre-grooved Ipe wood decking over the counter. I paid right after I got the invoice and I always asked nicely, though they do have a turnover issue with personnel so I just kept calling and got the next person.

Your issue probably would need a customer service back office person tracking it and a site manager looking into it, I got both and an escalation manager to push it through. You can always withhold payment and threat to sue but I found it easier to resolve issues by calmly reasoning with the responsible party.

Last edited:
Sun007, I feel for you, hope it is resolved by now.
Botched install here and I can get no communication with my advisor. In my case Tesla was here to meet with city inspector to get the project signed off. City signed off on the project. The Tesla folks found problems. The Tesla folks told me the system was not safe so they turned it off. They said they would submit the information for it to be fixed. I can't reach Tesla except for billing who sends both email and text messages asking for the down payment. Local Tesla advisor ignores contacts. He does not answer the phone, Texts or emails.
Hope your project had a good outcome.

OP and all my best advice is to just keep calling and being nice. I agree that a partial 25 or 50% payment might get things moving, and look good if they decide to take you to arbitration.

@CAP23 in these cases, its actually good to have your city fail the inspection. This way the legal hurdle that requires you to pay is not completed yet.
I recommend talking to the inspector and telling them that an electrician found work that was incomplete. Could they please fail the inspection, so the work gets completed before final inspection?