Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

multiple windows are not full closed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

I am receiving a App Notification every time a lock the car, stating that "multiple windows are not full closed"

When checking they are definitely closed, I've tried a reset but it didn't work

any ideas ?

Model SP SW 2020.32.1

thanks in advance

I recall (albeit possibly incorrectly), that you can reset the Windows position by rolling down the window all the way and hold the window button down for a few seconds. Do the same for rolling the window up. That might reset the window position.

Reactions: Phil1710
Hi All,

I am receiving a App Notification every time a lock the car, stating that "multiple windows are not full closed"

any ideas ?

Model SP SW 2020.32.1

thanks in advance

Interesting. I too have regular message saying one window is open when it isn't.

Haven't got around to investigating yet.

Hi All,

any ideas ?

Model SP SW 2020.32.1

thanks in advance

Is this a new feature for Model S? i do not have it. I had read about it for Model 3 but assumed it was not available for Model S since I do not have it. Is it possibly only for newer cars?
I recall reading that Model S cars had the ability many years ago to close their windows remotely via the phone app, but that feature had been removed for some safety issue. Apparently the Model 3 can close the windows remotely. Is that also available on the Model S cars that have the notification feature?

Hi @David29,

It's added function in the newest software 2020.32.1

TeslaFi has reported windows open on my X.
Curiously, opening and closing the offending window -
driver's side rear - from the driver controls did not reset the error.
Running the window full down and full up from the rear seat did clear the error...

Good luck,

Shawn