Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Music blasts after a phone call

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don’t know if my wife and I are the only ones with this issue but after hanging up on a call the music plays full blast when you hang up. Besides scaring the crap out of me I’m concerned I’ll blow out my speakers. Seems to be a really big issue. The recent update claims to lower the volume of a call when opening the passenger door. Why not lower or mute the music after a call. It used to come back to the volume it was last set on music. However my last 2 calls the music was set to low and blasted when disconnecting the call. Does anyone else experience this or think this should be a standard feature?

Reactions: 011Charger
Nobody else has this issue?

You are not along.

There is a thread on it somewhere. It’s very annoying.

If you run apps like Waze on your phone (iOS only) there is a setting to have Waze speak over “Hands Free Protocol” which is the same as starting and ending a phone call each time it speaks. This trips that same bug. It’s also more annoying if you tend to have your music cranked up. ;)

• Informative
Reactions: jerseygirl18
Yes I don’t always remember to lower the music when accepting a call but recently it was still loud even when I lowered the volume before taking the call. I hope they make it drastically lower the volume so it doesn’t startle anyone.

This is one reason I don’t like taking calls in the car is because I have to be ready to spin the volume knob down immediately after dropping the call which I sometimes forget. With the recent updates to the phone conversation lowering when opening the passenger door, I would expect this to be coming in a future release. Hopefully version 10 solves this issue and brings us nice upgrades like Spotify.

I don’t know if my wife and I are the only ones with this issue but after hanging up on a call the music plays full blast when you hang up. Besides scaring the crap out of me I’m concerned I’ll blow out my speakers. Seems to be a really big issue. The recent update claims to lower the volume of a call when opening the passenger door. Why not lower or mute the music after a call. It used to come back to the volume it was last set on music. However my last 2 calls the music was set to low and blasted when disconnecting the call. Does anyone else experience this or think this should be a standard feature?

Ive had it do it for a few seconds... don't worry about the speakers... the alarm system blasts the radio at full volume as a security feature, your speakers should be fine but yea, they need to fix.

i have this problem, any solution? all of of sudden it started doing this, scares the heck out of us in the car
Unfortunately no. Doesn’t happen every time but I always scroll the volume down every time I hang up just in case. It’s become a natural thing for me although I know it’s not normal. I hope they fix this but since I’ve had it for almost the entire 3 years I’ve had the car I doubt it will be addressed.

i have this problem, any solution? all of of sudden it started doing this, scares the heck out of us in the car
I’ve been living with it for 3 years on Model 3 and X. If you have an app like Google Maps or Waze running on your iphone and the correct options set the Navigation Voice will come in as a “Phone call” (called HFP). The volume will jump after every voice prompt from Google Maps, Waze, V1Driver every time.

I’ve had it happen twice now, after having had my iPhone connected to Alexa playing music at home, it comes in full blast after I begin playing music in the ‘22 M3P. Very loud, quite annoying