Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Music coming on when pre-heating cabin from phone?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had an odd one this morning... I almost always turn on the climate a few minutes before getting in the car. This morning for the first time, the stereo came on when I turned on the climate from my phone (I could hear the bass from inside the house). I'm fairly certain this has never happened before. It always comes on when opening any of the doors, but I'm certain the car was locked & all doors were firmly closed.

The car was locked, mirrors folded, plugged in but not charging. Software version is 2023.6.8.

Also, while the phone key worked to open the car & drive when I left the house to go shopping, it didn't work when I came back to the car in the car park & I had to use the NFC on my phone to unlock & drive.

Not yet, planning to see what happens next time I use the car. I'm less bothered about the phone not working as a key at the moment, and more interested in why the music came on when the app turned on the climate. The phone key thing happens occasionally & it a somewhat-known issue.