Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Music streaming

Lounanne

Aug 25, 2020
Las Vegas
I am trying to better understand what exactly I get with premium connectivity.

Music: when I attempt to use “Streaming” which I understand to be Slacker, or Spotify, it asks for a log in. I tried using the Tesla login for Slacker but nothing happens. It says “unable to log in” or “captcha required to log in. Please contact service.” Am I missing something, or supposed to wait a certain amount of time after delivery?

Am I correct in understanding you need a Spotify premium account to use that app in the car?

Is there a way to search on the “TuneIn” app or do I need a separate log in for that as well?

Entertainment: confirming I need to use my log in for each of those services under “theater” and that there is no automatic login through Tesla premium connectivity.

I guess I am just wondering what exactly I get out of premium connectivity and once the free year is over, what I would be paying for. I can see the comparison on my account page with Tesla, but it is ambiguous if you do not have an understanding of the service to begin with.

FFR6288

Nov 5, 2019
Mesa, AZ
I was disappointed with the apparently limited selection of streaming stations at first. Then my daughter pointed out the "genres" button... OK, problem solved!

Reactions: Lounanne

MR_C

Nov 23, 2020
Bay Area, CA
I am having the same issue where I can’t get into the slacker streaming music same as original poster. Anything I can do or do I need service?

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC