Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just double checking on Hi-Res

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
just double checking on the streaming apps available in our Teslas. None of them support Hi-Res , correct? Certainly not the Slacker native streaming, but Apple Music and Spotify, as well.
Right? No Hi-Res available?

Does the Tidal Hi-Res work? I've read conflicting things about it.

I have premium internet, and am just sick of the poor quality slacker streaming.

I'm only asking about the built in streaming capability in the Tesla. Not streaming through my phone, or other Bluetooth devices.

Thank you

Last edited:
Tidal HiFi streams in my Model3 but only when on wifi or when playing a downloaded HiFi file. I thought I used to be able to stream HiFi files via LTE but not any more.

But when I tried to play a song from my downloads it wouldn’t play.

Also tried to download a new HiFi file while on wifi in my garage but I get a message saying I don’t have enough space. Not sure what’s up.

Yeah. I've found nothing will "stream" on Hi-Res while out driving. 4G, at best, in Tesla. Totally sucks. In my 12 year old mini, I can stream Hi-res.
I'll just stick with my hi-res files on my Samsung SSD in the "high tech" Tesla. Lol

Yeah. I've found nothing will "stream" on Hi-Res while out driving. 4G, at best, in Tesla. Totally sucks. In my 12 year old mini, I can stream Hi-res.
I'll just stick with my hi-res files on my Samsung SSD in the "high tech" Tesla. Lol
You are right. If you want the highest resolution audio, just use FLAC files and put them on a USB or SSD drive to play them.