Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Musk: Tesla working on new Summon that uses all AP cameras

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That sucks. I was hoping the fob would make the connection more stable.

I have an S and a 3, using the fob is way better than the phone app. The fob uses a direct low latency connection, when using the phone app I often have trouble connecting or get disconnected in the middle of a session and the latency is noticeably higher. You want low latency control so you can stop it in time if it's going to hit something.

I'm really hoping the Model 3 fob comes out soon and is available to all 3 owners.

I have an S and a 3, using the fob is way better than the phone app. The fob uses a direct low latency connection, when using the phone app I often have trouble connecting or get disconnected in the middle of a session and the latency is noticeably higher. You want low latency control so you can stop it in time if it's going to hit something.

I'm really hoping the Model 3 fob comes out soon and is available to all 3 owners.
That's what I was hoping. The summon feature works okay for me if I can get a good connection, but most of the time with the phone it keeps getting disconnected.

Exists: yes, works: yes, works well: no. There are so many connection issues with summon.

My Summon is now working 100% on V9. I've been using Android (yes amazingly) and I scoured this site for a recommended Phone. Several have shared that the Note 8 was 100% for entry, but summons still not so reliable. When I first bought my Note 8 last month, I loved that the car would always unlock, but summon was hit and miss as reported here.

I'm really happy to say that on V9, my summons has not failed yet (for communications issues) after about 10 tries in different locations. Something changed in the communications and I doubt has anything to do with the cameras. My home has the worse T-Mobile reception and it almost NEVER worked here. Works like a charm.

Once started, it does decide to give up occasionally. Once on a bit of a hill out of a grassy area (no surprise), and odd behaviors like turns the wheel when trying to move forward to be a bit closer to the parked curb... as if trying to go around the curb (good luck). I love how it will park in my garage on a diagonal as I prefer by just aiming it that way and using the fact that the space ahead is even on both sides so it stays crooked as I wish.

Hope this helps other Android users, just gotta set as a trusted device using SmartLock and I keep it unlocked on my person. FYI, I picked up my used Note 8 for $450 but it was in perfect shape from original owner too. Worth it because I can get rid of yellow stickies all over my desk (which is going really well so far). Wow Notes are great if you haven't tried it yet!

Tesla... don't break it! Thanks ;)