Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Must have security items

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We all know Tesla has car alarm, sentry video camera, walk away locks, pin to drive, multiple cameras, uwb digital key. I recently had someone unplug my car while using the adapter. If u charge on public non super charger stations u need to get the adapter lock. It’s just a few bucks but deters jerks from unplugging yr Tesla. Sooner or later it will happen to you. More security the better.

We all know Tesla has car alarm, sentry video camera, walk away locks, pin to drive, multiple cameras, uwb digital key. I recently had someone unplug my car while using the adapter. If u charge on public non super charger stations u need to get the adapter lock. It’s just a few bucks but deters jerks from unplugging yr Tesla. Sooner or later it will happen to you. More security the better.
I've seen them on YouTube videos. How do they work exactly, and wouldn't they just encourage the jerks to yank harder?

Yanking harder won’t release it. The best security is vigilance: don’t leave car unattended for hours, don’t charge after 10:00 pm, don’t charge in unfamiliar areas, don’t charge in empty, desolate places. Crime increases the darker it gets and when no ones around. Knowing is half the battle.

Reactions: el-guapin
Yanking harder won’t release it. The best security is vigilance: don’t leave car unattended for hours, don’t charge after 10:00 pm, don’t charge in unfamiliar areas, don’t charge in empty, desolate places. Crime increases the darker it gets and when no ones around. Knowing is half the battle.
Oh and faraday rfid bags if u use key fob or key card…..these are low priced and deter those rfid scanner criminals.

Charge adapter lock should be one of the first things people should get if they charge in public place. $9 for 2 of them off Amazon. At my work we have Drs and RNs unplugging peoples cars so it can happen anywhere, anytime.

Another device is the back seat locks. Someone can smash the rear window and reach in to drop your rear seats. Anything in the trunk is not safe. I plan on 3d printing my own at some point.

Reactions: MOE J
Fricken people, u think professionals like Dr and RNs would be above these petty antics. Another deterrent I have is sentry mode recording stickers on my car. Cost me like 2 dollars.
IMG_0905.jpeg
IMG_0907.jpeg

Reactions: Scubamikey
I've seen them on YouTube videos. How do they work exactly, and wouldn't they just encourage the jerks to yank harder?
A J1772 plug has a button that physically releases the latch holding it onto the adapter. The adapter lock prevents that button from unlatching the plug from the adapter. The car holds the adapter in, so removal can't happen.

Some videos show that it's very hard to yank out the plug if the car is holding on to it.

Let’s recap security:
-dark tint windows
-sentry mode stickers
-car alarm
-sentry mode
-walk away locks with chime
-faraday bag for fobs/cards
-uwb on phones
-pin to drive,glovebox
-facial id on phone
-adapter lock for charging
-no charge after 10:00
-well lit areas
-don’t leave car unattended for several hours
-wheel lock nuts
-notifications set to on phone

Fricken people, u think professionals like Dr and RNs would be above these petty antics.

You would think so but some of them can be the worst people you can deal with if your are not their patient or friend. They walk around like the are better then everyone else because they went to school and are saving lives. We are a "training" hospital so most of them are noobs just out of school. Been there 20 years and its always been like this.

Reactions: walla2
My job is worse-we got 2 chargers but the owner does not allow employees to charge. The chargers are not used 98% of the time, u read that right 2 chargers with zero people using them and I still can’t charge my car !

You would think so but some of them can be the worst people you can deal with if your are not their patient or friend. They walk around like the are better then everyone else because they went to school and are saving lives. We are a "training" hospital so most of them are noobs just out of school. Been there 20 years and its always been like this.
I ordered the lock adapter- hopefully 🤞 it will deter these people

Reactions: hey8you
(1) I hope they caught the guy. (2) This is why I’m a little reluctant to get the “Karen” lock. If the guy is enough of an ***hole, he’ll keep pulling and possibly do expensive damage.
Good point. Maybe use the lock only when you REALLY need the car charged up.

Also, I bet it's pretty rare that people do what that guy did.

Finally, at a Tesla destination charger (as in that video) you have no choice. The plug will be locked in.