Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MX second row seat fold button (for third row ingress) not working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey folks, have a 2019 MX with 7 seats (second row is bench seats). The button on the second row seat back that folds the seat partially and moves it forward to allow access to the third row stopped working. Now when I press it I no longer hear it releasing and the seat no longer releases (moves+folds).

Any ideas on what the issue could be?
IMG_2690.png

Most likely you have something plugged into one of the seatbelt latches. For instance, a seatbelt or a dog tether. If not, it could be a loose connection or a bad sensor. You could check for loose harnesses by looking under the seat and trying to make sure any you find are firmly connected. You could also try the various reboots just in case it's a fluke software thing. The one I see most recommended lately is the wheel configuration reset. This is triggered by changing the wheel configuration; apparently it causes the most systems to cycle and thusly resolves the most problems. It probably doesn't hurt that you end up changing it twice in order to have it correct (meaning two of these full reset cycles).

Upvote 0
Hey folks, have a 2019 MX with 7 seats (second row is bench seats). The button on the second row seat back that folds the seat partially and moves it forward to allow access to the third row stopped working. Now when I press it I no longer hear it releasing and the seat no longer releases (moves+folds).

Any ideas on what the issue could be?View attachment 956882

Upvote 0
Did you resolve the issue? Our passenger-side seat is no longer sliding forward after pressing the shoulder button. It only folds forward. Normal operation is when the shoulder button is pressed, the seat back folds forward and tracks release to allow the seat to slide forward. When pressing the shoulder button now, only the seat back folds forward, the track release does not trigger to allow the seat to slide forward, a few seconds later, the seat back sensor activates allowing the seat back to fold forward flat.

The seat was replaced by Tesla 01/2023 under warranty. 8 months later, the same issue is back and our warranty has expired. I've tried system reboots (by changing the wheel configuration, twice), but nothing. Checked the seatbelt latch, all clear. Checked under the seat for loose connections, but didn't see anything out of the ordinary. Didn't see anything stuck in the sliding tracks and the seat does slide back and forth when the latch below is pulled. I'm guessing it has something to do with the track sensor/release, but not sure if this can be fixed without replacing the entire seat.

Any thoughts?

Upvote 0
Thanks for the feedback! I submitted a service request and have an appointment scheduled. This will be an out-of-warranty repair so already hit with the $265 first hour of diagnostic fee. Let's hope they can replace the part that is broken and not the entire seat.
Be sure to mention to SC the part number I provided to help them pinpoint the potential trouble area. Not every SC have the expertise to pinpoint this problem. Just in case...good luck!

Reactions: sakul2agi
Upvote 0
I wanted to provide an update and share what was replaced to help resolve the issue. Hope this helps someone experiencing this issue.

2ND ROW EASYENTRY TRACKRELEASE ACTUATORASSEMBLY - 7-SEATER- RIGHTHAND(1098542-00-D)

Technician found EZ entry actuator cable to be broken . .This was causing seattrack actuator not to release .Causing seat not to move forward. Technician replaced EZ entryactuator. Technician performed functiontest on seat after work was performed . right 2nd row sat is now working as designed . Verifiedoperation.

Correction: Switch - Easy Entry - 2nd Row Seat - RH (Remove & Replace) - Remove and Replace

Reactions: srjinatl
Upvote 0