Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MX Front Door Issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

Just brought my MX P90DL home on Friday and today both front doors had issues opening and closing. First the driver door would not open. I was stuck inside. Then after some gentle open and close procedures, and some slight pushing, it worked and all was well.

Then in the PM just before a big dinner event, my wife gets in the passenger side, pushes the button on the 17" to close her door and it closes, but does not latch... She pushes the same button and it won't open. Same as the driver's door earlier. She tried to manually open it and with a gentle push it opened. Pushed closed and the same thing. Would not latch. (Now it actually latches, but the car says it is not closed).

Tried to get to our event but the warning light and beeping sound signifying that the door was open was too much, so we had to put the MX in the garaged and take another car.

Has anyone with a MX had this issue, and if so, what was the solution. Love the car, but a bit confused about how to get the doors to work properly...BTW the falcon wing doors work great.

Greg - NJ

Vin 253 (very low) assembled in late Jan, but delivered fri may 29 in Paramus nj due to car issues including rear seat recall etc. TM is picking up now. Should mention that besides this issue, the car is near flawless.

Greg

Hello,

Just brought my MX P90DL home on Friday and today both front doors had issues opening and closing. First the driver door would not open. I was stuck inside. Then after some gentle open and close procedures, and some slight pushing, it worked and all was well.

Then in the PM just before a big dinner event, my wife gets in the passenger side, pushes the button on the 17" to close her door and it closes, but does not latch... She pushes the same button and it won't open. Same as the driver's door earlier. She tried to manually open it and with a gentle push it opened. Pushed closed and the same thing. Would not latch. (Now it actually latches, but the car says it is not closed).

Tried to get to our event but the warning light and beeping sound signifying that the door was open was too much, so we had to put the MX in the garaged and take another car.

Has anyone with a MX had this issue, and if so, what was the solution. Love the car, but a bit confused about how to get the doors to work properly...BTW the falcon wing doors work great.

Greg - NJ

Front doors are a major issue for everyone. I had both latches replaced and on the work order it said "Replace again with new latches in the future". Doors are something they need to address. I had to send my car back on 3rd day. What is your vin number?