Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MX loosing 5 to 7 miles in 8 hour spans while parked at work, Normal?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's weird. I was checking my status every night for the past few nights and I don't see this. I live in Texas and it's been really hot. My car's temps hover between 90 - 100 when I've parked it during the day and about 90 - 95 when I park it in the garage over night. Miles-wise, I didn't lose anything. I did notice that sometimes when I came into the garage in the morning though, that the self-presenting door didn't work on the first try. I wonder if the car put itself to sleep? Some kind of deep sleep? :eek:

OP hasn’t mentioned what power management settings are

“Always connected?”
“Cabin overheat?”

TeslaFi or other third party apps polling the api ?

7 miles (~2.5%) of battery is not uncommon ..sitting in hot sun if windows are not tinted will raise interior temps a lot ..at that point the AC will come on temporarily to cool battery ..all perfectly normal

unless you're missing that range, i wouldn't worry about it. it's probably cabin overheat protection on, especially in florida.

and i would not advise turning that feature off, im under the impression the MCU doesn't do well in 150 degree heat.

How hot is it where you're parking it? I just checked my car again on my app (it's in the shop waiting to be wrapped, so it's climate-controlled to some extent) but I lost 1 mile in the past 36 hours. I doubt I have battery cooling kicking in right now though. That's either the culprit, or something else is going on that needs to be looked at?

That's weird. I was checking my status every night for the past few nights and I don't see this. I live in Texas and it's been really hot. My car's temps hover between 90 - 100 when I've parked it during the day and about 90 - 95 when I park it in the garage over night. Miles-wise, I didn't lose anything. I did notice that sometimes when I came into the garage in the morning though, that the self-presenting door didn't work on the first try. I wonder if the car put itself to sleep? Some kind of deep sleep? :eek:

That is strange. I live in south Florida and it gets hot and sticky here, usually high 90s inside parked car. My wife does a 32 mile round trip work commute 5 days a week, so I figure she is loosing at least a one way ride every four days.

I wish those doors would beep when the complete a task, I find myself alaways double checking drives door to make sure they are closed on walk away .

Thanks for info.
How hot is it where you're parking it? I just checked my car again on my app (it's in the shop waiting to be wrapped, so it's climate-controlled to some extent) but I lost 1 mile in the past 36 hours. I doubt I have battery cooling kicking in right now though. That's either the culprit, or something else is going on that needs to be looked at?
Do you have any apps connected to the car like teslafi or teslogs or abetterrouteplanner?

All I have is the nav app that came with car.

I’m in South Florida and the MX is parked in a parking garage at wife’s job and here at home also in a parking garage. Temps I have noticed in day time mid 90s and at night low 80s, of course it is July, this winter it will cool down. I did not realize u awake the car every time you use the phone app to check on it which takes power. The MX is also connected to Alexa. ( I Know )