Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MXM4 Second set wear warranty - will they credit towards Pilot Sport AS4’s?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Xebec

Mar 20, 2019
PA
Hi there!

I’ve worn through my second set of MXM4’s (2018 Model 3 18” Aero), this time at about 27K miles (2/32 - 3/32 per tire). I had this set ‘discounted’ by Michelin when the original MXM4’s hit 3/32s @ 23K miles. Does Michelin give money back for the tires premature wear if I switch to a different type of Michelin tire (i.e. Pilot Sport All season 4’s), or do I need to buy another set of MXM4’s?

(For documentation, I’m hoping my first case opened with them replacing@ 23K miles will make it clear that these aren’t my first tires on the car..)

Thanks!

Hi there!

I’ve worn through my second set of MXM4’s (2018 Model 3 18” Aero), this time at about 27K miles (2/32 - 3/32 per tire). I had this set ‘discounted’ by Michelin when the original MXM4’s hit 3/32s @ 23K miles. Does Michelin give money back for the tires premature wear if I switch to a different type of Michelin tire (i.e. Pilot Sport All season 4’s), or do I need to buy another set of MXM4’s?

(For documentation, I’m hoping my first case opened with them replacing@ 23K miles will make it clear that these aren’t my first tires on the car..)

Thanks!
In June I replaced my stock MXM4s at 25k miles with a new set of four PS AS4 tires. I made a warranty claim via telephone with Michelin and then went to an authorized tire shop on the Michelin website. The tire store inspected the tires and called Michelin with the results. Michelin gave me a 66% rebate on three new tires and 0% on one tire. The latter was plugged as a result of a screw. All that was required was that I stick with the brand. Any Michelin tire would have been fine. The tire shop recommended the PS AS4s. I have driven them for 1600 miles and am very pleased.

Reactions: Xebec