Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My 1 year, 6k update - 21' MYP (sarcasm required)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got done with my first long-ish road trip and have clocked a whole 6k miles on my almost year old 2021. Overall, best car ever, yet the worst? Is it just me or do others think the MYP have amazing drivetrain only to be held back by, ya know the car stuff its bolted to?

- Everyone complains about the ride, but I think its the right balance and you can send people rolling around like a bowling pin in the back seat long before she starts to yaw at you.
- But yes, phantom ph-reek-ing brake checks for no reason their sorry don't cha knows buds, yup! got them!
- However, I also enjoy the blind everyone when you turn auto-pilot on at night feature... It's like sending out SOS signals to oncoming motorists that I may heave my car to the right EVERY on ramp merging lane for the next at most ~2.5 hours or until no I don't need to pee again?

Overall, Wh/mi is a bit high, but I keep my tires at 35-36 and its, well a P so, well ya know useless data point?!?, but no seriously the ! one..
PXL_20220605_132128999.jpg

That said, I did need to chicken out and arrive with a healthy 2% on one leg. In my defense, the guess-o-intomatico-charger---o--meter 10,000 is very spongy in the 4-6% range and 10% buffer shouldn't auto re-route me EVERY TIME I do it?.
PXL_20220604_134135106.jpg

Then you have this stuff. Well, yeah I'm just done with this one... I mean seriously? Even this replacement for the same reason (but the one above it broke) aftermarket one uses the same crappy double sided tape, so I'm just rolling with this one dude. People can laugh when I reverse to open the bung hole, but I see it as symbolic. 1/3 of it is kinda just cheap @#$ stuff man. I still have the old ones at maybe I'll just pop a few extra back on as a backup.
PXL_20220611_130310317.jpg

And I say that because... Drum roll please.....

TADA!!
PXL_20220608_191533010.jpg

The well documented "Performance" spoiler. It's so performance, it designed to fly off and save weight.
For reference, this was at the ~2.5k mark when I was still crossing my fingers that I somehow got a good one. Nope, I must have gotten rear-ended or something and didn't notice to have that ~$1k carbon fiber thing try and rebound at that kind of angle dude.
PXL_20210905_132820644.jpg

Here is the road rash "situation" after 6k miles. 98% of this I discovered at ~2k miles and promptly installed mud flaps, but going to keep monitoring it. Interestingly, this side I tried using the Tesla and Dr. Colorchip (pretty sure they are the same usless thing) that both wipe right off (and out of the chip of course) you are trying to fill once you use the "seal"-act solution. lol.. What a joke. At this point I'm looking for a junk door skin or something so I can learn to Bob Ross a new coat of paint on.... Guessing by what, 20k miles?. lol But hey, at lest they are aluminum and wont rust!
PXL_20220611_130355073.jpg

Here is what 10k (4k more) looks like on my last car. Few rock chips, yup. Few love marks from a slightly over heated rag company creature towel later, yup. But "abcdef me" the rockers are DESTROYED TESLA! With 6K miles! HELLO??? DESTROYED!!!! Go fork your $50 PPF, we need a wide body, 305 squared, track mode "Slippers-cat" (trandemark pending) badged MYP version Franz!! Like 2 years ago now...
PXL_20210529_153400737.jpg

If ya ever needed to knock on wood, I know someone who has, now is the time considering these puppies are still crub / pot hole free thank you very much ;)
PXL_20220305_213400888.jpg

<<EOF

Attachments

• PXL_20220611_130355073.jpg
    PXL_20220611_130355073.jpg
    544 KB · Views: 90
Reactions: morbidz