Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My 2016 Tesla Model S 75D story - purchased June 2019

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No I don't as I don't have the OBD2 dongle etc.
Gotcha. Im using Teslamate and it does pretty good. Although I have to wait until I get home to seem car data (local network install).

I had my 2016 75D uncorked in Jan and Im trying to figure out what the max Kw i should be seeing (a range anyway). So far I havent seen anything higher than 309kw. Which is up from the 280-290kw range before the uncorking. The performance data that @Krash provided leads me to think it should be higher than 309kw. I ask the SC about it and they said they don't know what the max kw should be. :) I'm interested to hear what you find when you get your data.

Gotcha. Im using Teslamate and it does pretty good. Although I have to wait until I get home to seem car data (local network install).

I had my 2016 75D uncorked in Jan and Im trying to figure out what the max Kw i should be seeing (a range anyway). So far I havent seen anything higher than 309kw. Which is up from the 280-290kw range before the uncorking. The performance data that @Krash provided leads me to think it should be higher than 309kw. I ask the SC about it and they said they don't know what the max kw should be. :) I'm interested to hear what you find when you get your data.
Apparently its supposed to be 330Kw when uncorked. 270 KW corked.

Does Teslamate require the OBD2 dongle for its data? I use Tezlab and the developer confirmed that there is only so much data they can pull via API as opposed to directly from the car via an OBD2 dongle.

Last edited:
Currently have very few time left for my hobby, but I used to be a reasonable photo enthusiast as well.

Apparently you are a strong supporter of post production and filters :D

I'm using C1 software, but I'm not a big fan of "pushing" the cursors, even though it delivers some good shots from time to time.

Stay safe and congrats again on your purchase.

You should make a calendar with these shots... seriously!
Thanks!
Currently have very few time left for my hobby, but I used to be a reasonable photo enthusiast as well.

Apparently you are a strong supporter of post production and filters :D

I'm using C1 software, but I'm not a big fan of "pushing" the cursors, even though it delivers some good shots from time to time.

Stay safe and congrats again on your purchase.
Thanks! I shoot in raw format only as I don't want the camera to adjust the color profiles or tones for me. I do that in post (no filters used in the shots) using PhotoShop. I don't "push" the cursors either as it becomes very obvious when anyone does that - you tend to get a lot of halos on any contrasting edges and the color tones are anything but smooth when they transition from one shade to another.

Apparently its supposed to be 330Kw when uncorked. 270 KW corked.

Does Teslamate require the OBD2 dongle for its data? I use Tezlab and the developer confirmed that there is only so much data they can pull via API as opposed to directly from the car via an OBD2 dongle.

Teslamate accesses the car data directly via the Tesla API. So its pulling what the car reports. I've never seen anything above 309kw since it was uncorked. I asked the SC to double check the uncork setting since there have been a couple updates since then and they verified it was set. Now I'm really interested in your findings.

Haven't had a chance to drive the car yet - but Uncork procedure was just completed! Yaaay!!!

Uncork_procedure.JPG

Reactions: MichaelP90DL
I have a 2016 75D, is there any way I can check if it is uncorked. Any costs to uncork ? Any drawbacks?
No cost to uncork. Is it a facelift S? You can ask Tesla, but they may not get the answer right. If you do a performance run and record the rate of change of power and max power via a third party app we can tell you. More details on how to do that here.

Teslamate accesses the car data directly via the Tesla API. So its pulling what the car reports. I've never seen anything above 309kw since it was uncorked. I asked the SC to double check the uncork setting since there have been a couple updates since then and they verified it was set. Now I'm really interested in your findings.
My fastest run in an S75 RWD was at 320kw. The 75d is a hair faster so that makes sense. The biggest limitation for both cars is the battery of course. Also, for those who are wondering, my car came from the factory The faster speed, not uncorked.

For the uninitiated, no S75 RWD's get uncorked. They either came with the new DU01 drive unit after 14 June 2017 uncorked or were built earlier and will never get it. We haven't seen a pre DU01 drive unit replaced with a later model to know if they bother to change the performance later. The torque difference in the uncorking is more noticable than the power difference, especially in the RWD.

Last edited:
Reactions: Flyguy
SC was not very sure what i was requesting but they assured they will check to see if this is still available.

Their initial reply was -
“... We see your vehicle is already a 75kw battery - the uncorking is typically an upgrade from 60 to 75 - can you elaborate on your request? As much information as possible helps us to prepare. We look forward to your reply!”

SC was not very sure what i was requesting but they assured they will check to see if this is still available.

Their initial reply was -
“... We see your vehicle is already a 75kw battery - the uncorking is typically an upgrade from 60 to 75 - can you elaborate on your request? As much information as possible helps us to prepare. We look forward to your reply!”

Yes, as Krash said, not everyone at the SCs know or understand what you are asking. Their response was nice and respectful and I would take them up on providing as much information and background as possible including what it is and what others have had done.

Same here. On my first service center visit, I was told by a tech with a straight face that my car cannot be uncorked. Went to another service center and they happily uncorked it (just a firmware update was needed).

Service centers are very hit or miss. Some are full of idiots who will lie to your face and some actually have professional employees who know their jobs. It's a sad situation for Tesla.

• Disagree
Reactions: PhilDavid