Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My 3 goes offline since last Firmware update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ah, I also have Reset Idle Timer When Offline unchecked in the sleep settings. So once it thinks the car is offline, I believe TeslaFi stops polling. When that is checked, TeslaFi will keep polling the car, which prevents the car from sleeping.
Wait a second there :) I wonder if you know there are two types of requests that can be made to the car. Depending on the type of information requested, it can wake up the car or have it remain asleep. So "polling" doesn't wake up the car. It only checks its status, and that is how TeslaFi works for most all requests.

UPDATE: I rebooted the car last Friday, which resolved the problem. No more going offline. And in fact, it is actually going to sleep on the first try nearly every time.

Wait a second there :) I wonder if you know there are two types of requests that can be made to the car. Depending on the type of information requested, it can wake up the car or have it remain asleep. So "polling" doesn't wake up the car. It only checks its status, and that is how TeslaFi works for most all requests.

Yes, I'm aware. No that doesn't change what I described. With that option checked, TeslaFi will keep the car awake because it resets its times and resumes polling in a manner that holds it awake.

UPDATE: I rebooted the car last Friday, which resolved the problem. No more going offline. And in fact, it is actually going to sleep on the first try nearly every time.

Yes, I'm aware. No that doesn't change what I described. With that option checked, TeslaFi will keep the car awake because it resets its times and resumes polling in a manner that holds it awake.
hmmm ok, but that is not how it is working in my account. Mine stays sleeping. :confused: