Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Summon out of the garage and more

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm disagree a little bit here with my old 15' 85D with AP1.
I've got a decent incline up gravel to an inclined concrete section at the edge of the garage and then to the flat concrete in the garage.
The first time I told Summon to back out of the garage it stopped half way out and said the incline was too great. But since then I've used it a number of times and it's worked going in and out without hitting anything.

But it definitely won't work on a steep driveway. I can't recall what the manual said for sure but maybe something like a 5% incline?
TBH, not sure what else could be the issue. My S pulls all the way upto the front entrance of my garage and then stops. I have tried all the configuration options I can think of in the Summon settings and it will not budge past my garage entrance.

The only thing I can summise is that the car pulls up sees the lip and the slope and then stops without moving.

The only other thing I can think of is that I back into my driveway and the way summon is configured is with the assumption you have pulled into the garage. So maybe the car is getting confused with the front and back of the garage based on how the Summon configuration is setup.

While I had problems with the app and MCU1, using the key fob worked every time- in the event you have not used this function before, it's a long hold on the middle of the fob, then a press on either end to indicate the direction. The same can be said for auto-park while in the car, which is just putting the car in Park, waiting a beat and double-tapping Park again before indicating the direction and exiting the car. I would then use the fob to get the car out of the garage.
I never knew about the key fob and tried it today but could not get it to work.
Is there any extra setup to get the key fob to work for summon ?

I don't know of any extra setup beyond having Summon enabled in the car, but my MS's are very old.

A double-click on my fobs will present the door handles, at which time the lights flash. If I long hold instead, the handles will remain retracted and the taillights will come on and stay on, at which time I'll know it's waiting for me to indicate a direction. If I'm holding the middle fob button down for more than ten seconds, I know the car didn't pick up the initial long hold and I'll just try it again.

Can you set auto-park before leaving the car? The button I would use to invoke it is on a stalk I don't believe you have. If there's no way to set that, it could be they moved the functionality elsewhere.

Is there anyway to bring this up to Tesla to let them know about this issue. It seems like a relatively easy adjustment considering it worked before the last update.

My wife just test drove the Hyundai palisades as she’s in the market for an suv. And it has a back in and out feature on the remote that works well.
If Hyundai can do it….

A few questions.

1. I have been using summons to get out of the garage. It’s a garages attached to my home and has really no blocking. But since the last update it goes a little then shuts down.
Any thoughts?
2. Can summon use Homelink to open my garage?
3. Also since the last update summon Thinks part of parking lots are “public roads”

Anyone else have these issues or advice?
Similar observation. When I got my S LR in 2021 I could summon it across a parking lot. Now the max distance setting is 40 feet. It was also going in and out the garage when pressing the up/down arrow but now it seems to be afraid of the narrow garage door even though I set it to the narrowest margin (8”). It will not go in or out. The up/down arrows work outside on the driveway. Now at 2023.44.30.7.

I wonder if they got complaints of people scraping against the walls of their garage. Or if it's related to removing the use of the USSs to enable vision only. I wish the car was MORE competent than I at pulling into the garage, I need to pull enough in to clear the door, but not so much in that I can't get between the motorcycle and the car and not hit the shelves on the other side, none of which I can see from the driver's position. Well, I can see the door from the backup camera but I never remember to turn it on while pulling in, so I go into reverse, see I'm not in, go into drive, etc etc.