Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My car keeps calling my own phone

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Who do we email?

Attachments

• 20180906_095657.jpg
    20180906_095657.jpg
    374.5 KB · Views: 183
Reactions: Cuttin
I had this over a year ago. It went away when I upgraded my iPhone from a 6 to 7 (same version of iOS). There is/was a Bluetooth incompatibility.

My problem was the car would pause the Audio also, so I’d have to start a new call on the phone, then hang up, and it would figure it out.

Just installed firmware 2018.32.4 040c866 and now the car keeps trying to call my phone every time I get in. Rebooting main screen solve it for a few moments, then it tries to call again. Found that making a call directly from the phone, connecting, then hanging up seemed to clear it. Has anyone found a better solution?

• Informative
35BB4F05-0B33-458A-ABA2-4CD7A18A6CEB.jpeg
I had this over a year ago. It went away when I upgraded my iPhone from a 6 to 7 (same version of iOS). There is/was a Bluetooth incompatibility.

My problem was the car would pause the Audio also, so I’d have to start a new call on the phone, then hang up, and it would figure it out.

Darn. I just upgraded my iPhone. 7 to 12.

And same thing. It just randomly shuts off music and the display says it's calling me but the timer doesn't tick, and I can't hang up.

Then it just stops and music restarts.

So weird. I can't figure out what is causing it.

Does anyone have a fix?

Just installed firmware 2018.32.4 040c866 and now the car keeps trying to call my phone every time I get in. Rebooting main screen solve it for a few moments, then it tries to call again. Found that making a call directly from the phone, connecting, then hanging up seemed to clear it. Has anyone found a better solution?

That's a crappy fix. Not busting your chips just need something better...lol.

I currently have the same problem. It started about a month ago. I have got several updates but the problem persists. Is there any fix for this. The car will call itself shutting off the radio. I have to press the scroll wheel to hang up.