Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My credit card fell in the center console and now I can't get it out!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There's a cubby above the console. With two fingers put pressure downward from both sides, then the cubby drops and you can easily remove it. Now you have easy access to the back of the console. Hope this helps. You can put the cubby back by sliding it back there and apply upward force to settle two metal clips. I did that more than ten times and it's easy and not breakable.
Thank you!! Dropped the cubby & found a couple of unused connectors hanging down and blocking the door from opening all of the way - easy fix (once I knew how to drop the cubby)!

Reactions: Jimmy 1
There's a cubby above the console. With two fingers put pressure downward from both sides, then the cubby drops and you can easily remove it. Now you have easy access to the back of the console. Hope this helps. You can put the cubby back by sliding it back there and apply upward force to settle two metal clips. I did that more than ten times and it's easy and not breakable.

After you have retrieved credit cards etc do this...Solved... I CUT A SLIVER OF VELCRO AND PASTE ON THE LIP. Watch my video...

Hi All,

Just had my first terrible experience with Tesla's interior design. Most likely my mistake but this has never happened to me in the dozen other cars I've owned over the years.

So I placed a credit card directly on the center console cover (the smooth part that slides in and out). Upon braking, the card slid forward and into the tiny slot that separates the console cover from the actual console body (it's hard to describe). So I thought, no big deal, the card is probably in the center console storage area - well guess what it's not!!! I'm pretty sure the card ended up in the portion of the center console "in front" of the storage area (which is not reachable) or jammed in between the console cover and the storage section. Either way I am not able to retrieve it and it would take some major disassembly of the center console to get to it.

At this point I'm letting it be, but it was a terribly frustrating experience.

</end_rant>
AFTER retrieving the cards etc do this: Solved... CUT A SLIVER OF VELCRO AND PASTE ON THE LIP. Watch my video...

After reading all above I had the courage to pull and push the console cover that was locked and wouldn't budge. I had a feeling my lost Tesla card was jammed in there but there was no way to see it. Finally by strong jiggling is was able to push the cover half open and put my fingers down inside and voila there was a credit card or something else down in the back. Carefully I pulled it up and it was my missing Tesla card. The card got three holes in the bottom part and I'm not sure it will work. Will see....