Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My dilemma

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
outstanding!

we had a local customer in just this week with an external isolation fault and a likely drive unit replacement…

after a quick run through, turns out the fault code had cleared by the time it came in - 104F for two weeks straight has a tendency to eliminate dihydrogen monoxide build up 😉

we were able to return the car to the owner, free of charge - actually feels great when we can do that. 👍

Last edited:
I don't have any actual diagnostic code numbers. What kept showing on my center dash was three rotating messages.
1.) "Acceleration and top speed reduced, performance may be restored on next drive" I did not notice any reduction
2.) "Vehicle may not restart, service is required" It started for me was able to drive it to the Tesla dealer
3.) "Regen brakes may be inoperable" This was the case no regen on drive to dealer

I don't have any actual diagnostic code numbers. What kept showing on my center dash was three rotating messages.
1.) "Acceleration and top speed reduced, performance may be restored on next drive" I did not notice any reduction
2.) "Vehicle may not restart, service is required" It started for me was able to drive it to the Tesla dealer
3.) "Regen brakes may be inoperable" This was the case no regen on drive to dealer
The diagnostic codes would be available in Service Mode. I've seen your IC codes before when my 2013 S85 hit 90K miles. For me, Tesla replaced the drive unit, HV contactors, and pyro fuse under warranty. My regen message was slightly different and said "Regenerative braking system disabled." I learned to access Service Mode about a year ago so I can't say which codes my car was throwing either. Anyways, glad to see your remedy wasn't too bad at all; from what I recall battery heater repairs were floating in the $1,200 range about a year ago. Perhaps they cut you a break for all your troubles or the cost for that repair either fluctuates based on which components need to be replaced or the cost has simply come down.