TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

My first monthly payment is coming up - where do *you* make your payments?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by DMack, Apr 22, 2018.

1. Az_Rael

Az_Rael Supporting Member

Believe it or not, you are pretty unusual to be financed directly through Tesla. Most people get set up with Alliant or US Bank or some other company when they fill out the loan application from Tesla. Very, very few people actually get set up with Tesla Finance. So, we probably won’t be much help if you are looking for alternative payment options.

• Like x 1
  2. welcomewagon

welcomewagon Member

Sorry to tell you, but it is definitely still your fault, not your banks. The company your paying doesn't care who it gets the money from, just that they get it. If your bank happens to not send the check to pay your credit card bill, you're still going to get hit with a late fee and possible impacts to your credit.

The bank may reimburse you for the late fee etc, but you will still be on file as being late, and if enough time goes by, they can't do anything to fix the credit history.

• Like x 1
  3. SSonnentag

SSonnentag Rocket Scientist

I got my loan through Chase (1.49%) and never received any payment info either. I ended up going into one of their banks to get the account info and then created an online account to make the payments.

4. DMack

DMack Member

*UPDATE*

It looks like Tesla finally rolled out an online payment portal that supports online payments and autopay:
    Welcome to Online Bill Pay Service

No more calling in my payments :)
    (I don't use mail to pay my bills)

5. balajeek

balajeek Member

FYI: I got my first bill for Oct 21st pay date and I setup with my banks online bill pay system, and on 21st my bank notified that they are unable to pay. spoke with them and found the reason why, I hope you don't make the same mistake.

the address to pay on the statement says:

US Bank
    New Jersey - Indirect Lending
    PO Box 790179
    St. Louis MO

so on my billing system the mistake I made is i put "New Jersey - Indirect Lending" in address line1 and PO Box in address line 2 and company as US Bank, but guess what my bank ignored the address line 2 and sent the payment and it came back. finally I removed the "New Jersey - Indirect Lending" line at all and just put in the PO Box. I should've known this before, my bad.