Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My guess EVIP programs in the future.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My guess:

Step 1 Doug cancels Cap and Trade program which funded EVIP program.

Step 2 EVIP program ended by certain date. All orders before that date will get the rebate, but not after.

Step 3. Ottawa, starts charge carbon tax to Ontarioians .

Step 4 Doug take Ottawa to the court.

Step 5. Doug lose the leagal battle with Ottawa. Because by law, federal certainly have the rights to charge carbon tax.

Step 6 . New federal level rebate or tax credit EV program will be announced . Because Ottawa promised put all carbon tax money collected in province back to province.

BTW, it does not matter to me anymore as I got my Model 3 on June 1st.

I think we'll know a lot better when the summer session starts on Wednesday. Other provincial politicians have been lobbying Ford to reconsider how he goes about it. Green Party for example has proposed a plan that allows him to save face yet continues feeding green initiatives and avoids action by Ottawa.

Anything Ford sees as "elitist" is sure to go and I believe that's how he views Tesla's though that's always subject to change as he acclimatizes in his role.

Regardless, I think all many of us want to see is an actual plan and some specific rules so we can guide ourselves accordingly.

Reactions: ZooSean
All good til number 6.
There is little reason for the Feds to deal with creating a program for Upper Canada when they can just cut a cheque back to Ontario and let Douggie and crew squander the cash as they see fit.
One thing I've learned about politicians, they can't help but run their fingers through the gold, usually with sticky palms.

I hope that there is a federal replacement. Would be a shame for the momentum to be lost that has been built up. Now that I've got my model 3 I'm hooked. The tax rebate might make for more crowded superchargers but the roads will be so much quieter!