Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MY in the UK: Cameras? Lights? Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A lot of posts from [predominantly] US deliveries discussing various versions of cars being delivered to customers. For those who received cars in the UK recently - do we get the new cameras, or matrix headlights - from the China built MY LR shipped to the UK?

A lot of posts from [predominantly] US deliveries discussing various versions of cars being delivered to customers. For those who received cars in the UK recently - do we get the new cameras, or matrix headlights - from the China built MY LR shipped to the UK?
Received mine 2nd March. Matrix headlights (I believe - projects ‘Tesla’ when doing light show) but otherwise functionality not used / enabled.
No idea on cameras except the seem to work!

'New Cameras' is speculation that goes round in user groups so no we don't even know if they exist. Current camera displays don't seem any different to those in the original 2019 UK Model 3s.

Matrix lights have been installed in UK (MIC) Model Ys since day one. Full Beam/Dipped without active features (yet, apart from light show)

Reactions: T3sla_pie
The new cameras are part of HW4 which are now on the MS and MX, but they’re not on the M3 or MY yet. There’s no news when they’ll appear on those models, and even when they do, I doubt there will be much functional difference for quite some time just like the Ryzen processor which came along just over a year ago seems to operate the same.

...I doubt there will be much functional difference for quite some time just like the Ryzen processor which came along just over a year ago seems to operate the same.

Another example, it took about 8-9 months for AP3 to start getting new features that were (at that time) over and above what was available on AP2.x. Traffic cones was the first major sign of HW3 only functionality, which came iirc with the xmas holiday release, although I believe did eventually land on HW2.x cars. HW3 had been on cars manufactured from around April that year.

For much of that, it was rumoured that HW3 was just running in HW2.x mode, and used as an excuse for some of the poor performance that was being seen on HW3 cars - one example was a second or so lag in rear view camera on HW3 cars. That took quite a few months to resolve.

How the camera performance pans out will be interesting to watch though, especially in implementing USS replacement. Personally I do not think there are presently any indication of sufficient changes to camera performance/positions to mitigate against the common issues that presently affect camera performance, especially rear view where any forward looking radar will be of limited/no benefit.