Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Model 3 (Lowered + Wheels + Painted Brake Calipers)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys,

Just wanted to share some pics of my Model 3. The wheels are Custom 3 Piece Wheels made by SSR (Speed Star Racing) in Japan that I just had powdercoated Winter Silver. I'm running 20x9 in the front and 20x10.5 in the rear. Tires are Michelin Pilot Sport 4S 245/35 on the front and 285/30 in the rear. The car is lowered on Unplugged Performance Springs. I Just had the brake calipers painted and still waiting for more parts. Hope you guys enjoy! I'll have some better pics soon.

nt6M

nXi2

fb7R

cmKE

oBJi

Pretty! Also curious about wh/mi. I'm taking delivery of a P3+ Sunday and haven't seen any mileage figures for them yet. Will be reporting as soon as I can stop launching like a teenager.

Also, did you get any deal on paint protection or tint you can pass along? I'm only a couple hundred miles up the coast...

Is this a honest question or sarcasm?

I would say its the same range you'd lose driving with passengers in your car.
The wider wheels and different wheel design are probably going to make a big difference to your highway driving range due to impact on drag coefficient/aerodynamics. It's not really about the weight. The Model X has a really nasty range penalty if you get the bigger wheels for example. Elon mentioned they stuck with the stock width on performance 3 tires to balance grip vs range. Looks pretty sick but I think many of us would be interested to see how your setup affects range.

Good choice on the rims. I want similar setup but for the performance suspension/brakes. Not sure who makes them.
As for people asking about range, WHY!? Any non Tesla car enthusiasts could care less about MPG, why are Tesla owners so anal about range. Just like gas, if it's low, just fill it up (charge it up). SMH

• Disagree
Reactions: hydro 481