Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Model 3 Performance vs a street race truck.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At the end of the day racing is about which car is faster over an agreed course not which is harder to drive.

Yes, do you have time measurements? It looks like the truck was faster every time, but you had better reactions.

Who sets up a truck like that for 1/8 mile only anyway?

Racing in the Tesla it's fun and I doubt anyone who says otherwise actually has tried racing in it.

Agreed, and it makes me look at my other cars as total wastes of time. While that truck was faster, it wasn't that much faster in the 1/8 mile, considering what it needed to do so. Stripped interior, drag tires, massive turbo, not street legal.

I've had hella fun racing my P85 for 6 years!
many random drag runs and even won 250$ in a special EV class... 0.017 RT & hit my dial in!
Absolutely prefer autocross as drag racing is a bit boring but there is definitely some skill in it. light timing is not that easy, difintely takes practice and consistency. (not that a flashlight race matters here)
cant wait to Auto x the 3P even if though it is classed crazy high now.

what does that truck do a 1/4 in? mid 9s?

Yes, do you have time measurements? It looks like the truck was faster every time, but you had better reactions.

Who sets up a truck like that for 1/8 mile only anyway?

Agreed, and it makes me look at my other cars as total wastes of time. While that truck was faster, it wasn't that much faster in the 1/8 mile, considering what it needed to do so. Stripped interior, drag tires, massive turbo, not street legal.

It looks like both races we left at the exact same time to me but the model 3 had a better 60ft that night. The first race I won and he passed me just after the finish line, so yes his mph was faster but he didn't cover the 1/8 mile faster. The second race just before the finish line you can see the tires on his truck shake pretty bad so he has to lift.

Most no prep racing is 1/8th mile because the insurance companies for the tracks won't let them run a 1/4 mile no prep. A lot of street racing is 1/8 mile because of how hard it is to find a remote stretch of road long enough to run and stop a fast vehicle. That truck is built for street and no prep racing. I don't do street racing because I have too much to lose if I get charged with it. So events like these are my only opportunity to see how my car compares to these guys. There wasn't any timing equipment because this is in the shutdown area of the track. Even if I had a dragy I wouldn't run it out there. These street race guys are very secretive about their cars and I'm going to respect that.

I've had hella fun racing my P85 for 6 years!
many random drag runs and even won 250$ in a special EV class... 0.017 RT & hit my dial in!
Absolutely prefer autocross as drag racing is a bit boring but there is definitely some skill in it. light timing is not that easy, difintely takes practice and consistency. (not that a flashlight race matters here)
cant wait to Auto x the 3P even if though it is classed crazy high now.

what does that truck do a 1/4 in? mid 9s?

I have no idea what it runs in the 1/4 I've only seen it do 1/8 mile passes and they don't display the times when these guys run. They make a lot of money betting money on races so they are all pretty secretive.

• Informative
Reactions: Zextraterrestrial