Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My model S just arrived - new car noises?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First night with our new USED p85d. This morning when getting in the car, as my wife was about to drive out of the driveway, the front of the car was making sort of hissing noises...as if something is blowing up full of air and then letting the air out. Almost like a tesla fart. Is that normal? Smart suspension? Also, some type of clicking sound up front...maybe when moving the wheels? Not sure. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

First night with our new USED p85d. This morning when getting in the car, as my wife was about to drive out of the driveway, the front of the car was making sort of hissing noises...as if something is blowing up full of air and then letting the air out. Almost like a tesla fart. Is that normal? Smart suspension? Also, some type of clicking sound up front...maybe when moving the wheels? Not sure. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Don't know if this will help you, but it's interesting in any case.... sounds | Search Results | TeslaTap it's a list of common sounds made by that wonderful car.

Mine does the too from time to time. I think (but I'm not sure) that it is more pronounced when Max Battery is on.

im just trying to make sure that all is acting as it should. never owned a tesla. have no clue what is normal and what is not normal. inflation and deflation of air sounds while car isn't moving in the garage didn't seem normal to me.

I think you're fine. As another said, it's very likely the cooling fans for the battery. Mine makes the sound you describe occasionally.

If you are worried about it one option is to record it and send the recording to the SC.

You're going to have an entirely new definition of "normal" in about a month when you're used to driving the car. Then the noises will be the least of your concerns and you'll wonder why you put up with all the ICE's drawbacks for as long as you did.
Welcome to the family!