Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My model X has gone crazy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last night got 19.8.5 for my 2017 Model X100d. When I got in the car (in the garage) this morning, I read the release notes, but decided to check the summon link on my iphone. Nope, no advanced summon yet (I have AP 2.0). I didn't touch any of the buttons. Then the hazard lights started blinking furiously, for no reason. I turned them off, and went inside. An hour later I went to walk my pup, and upon entering the front yard, discovered that my car had opened the garage door, backed out, and closed the door behind it??? This without my doing a thing. Thank god it stopped before entering the street in front of my house.

Has anyone else had a case of phantom driving?

• Funny
Reactions: P85_DA and Kant.Ing
Last night got 19.8.5 for my 2017 Model X100d. When I got in the car (in the garage) this morning, I read the release notes, but decided to check the summon link on my iphone. Nope, no advanced summon yet (I have AP 2.0). I didn't touch any of the buttons. Then the hazard lights started blinking furiously, for no reason. I turned them off, and went inside. An hour later I went to walk my pup, and upon entering the front yard, discovered that my car had opened the garage door, backed out, and closed the door behind it??? This without my doing a thing. Thank god it stopped before entering the street in front of my house.

Has anyone else had a case of phantom driving?

This is scary. I don't have the update yet but if it were to happen to me, I would be blocking traffic partially as I do not have a driveway in front of my garage.

An hour later I went to walk my pup, and upon entering the front yard, discovered that my car had opened the garage door, backed out, and closed the door behind it?
That’s the new “Dog” mode: the car is saying it wants to be taken for a walk. It just saw you walk your dog, and it wanted to go along...

Do you have summon hooked to Homelink? Sounds like Summon was triggered somehow. Did you reboot after getting the new software? Many including myself do this after each release and have to say the incidence of weird/broken things has gone way down....

For this problem, I’d def call Tesla National Support and see what they say the car’s logs say. Something triggered it.