Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MY MSM with gray or black wheel covers, please post photos!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Most of these Tesla aftermarket third party parts from made in china (also shipped from china). These sellers are buying a bundle from china and marking it up here in US. If u don't want to wait a month from china, amazon can ship it to you within a few days.

direct from china: $150 ish. (a month wait)

amazon: $225-250 ish. (2-4 days)

your choice.

Just to add... I have the Rimetrix ones they can be a pain for iinflating but i have the clip on valves on my DeWalt Inflator. as long as you put the hose in line with the center it isn't too difficult.
Now to remove the cover you do have to remove the center plug every time. It's not that easy to do without a thinner screwdriver. But since i don't have to remove them to just inflate the tires it isn't that difficult. Just when they are being rotated I remove them before anyone else touches the covers.

Just to add... I have the Rimetrix ones they can be a pain for iinflating but i have the clip on valves on my DeWalt Inflator. as long as you put the hose in line with the center it isn't too difficult.
Now to remove the cover you do have to remove the center plug every time. It's not that easy to do without a thinner screwdriver. But since i don't have to remove them to just inflate the tires it isn't that difficult. Just when they are being rotated I remove them before anyone else touches the covers.
I have a set ordered for a yet received MYLR since they are currently on sale. Did you add any tesla sticker to the center cap?

Reactions: alexcue
Many Taiwanese will find your statement insulting. Taiwan is not basically China with a different name.That's like saying Ukraine is basically Russia with a different name. No, no, no...
Again for the purpose of the joke, to the outside world in terms of manufacturing they would be viewed as very similar. That’s the extent of it. You can make it into some bigger and be offended if you want.

Plus it’s not that simple. Some Taiwanese would find it insulting, others would not. In the same way many in Crimea and some other parts of Ukraine would agree they are basically Russia and are happy about it.

Last edited:
Also from AliExpress. Can sometimes be found on Amazon.

MicrosoftTeams-image (6).jpg

I want these!! I can't find them on amazon. sad face..

This is the vendor I got them from but it looks like the design is now different. Make sure you click through all the color/design selections. There are two designs offered in matte black and grey. The “uberturbine” is the one I chose but again, the photos are now slightly different than mine.

Also, I had to buy the Tesla center caps on EBay. The wheel covers came with plain flat center caps, no Tesla logo.

This Amazon vendor shows the same as mine in the photos but if you look at the reviews, several people mention that the item received didn’t match the photos.

The ones shown by people in the reviews are the Model 3 Uberturbine covers, so they definitely messed up completely (won't even work on Model Y wheels).

Reactions: carlos31820
So, figure out how to remove these cover. Can’t just yank them off, might crack the cover.

just place a lever and pinch the inside taps to remove the cover. Ezpz. U can try with the pinch first but it's tight! So the lever will make it 10x easy.

Do the 6-7 taps and pop right off.

9DE311F9-7196-4C0D-8E82-5B47E1C3D418.jpegC4ACF8B6-A572-432B-9E3A-2B924E70204D.jpeg

Reactions: RayzorEV