Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My phone app logged out after 10 months - is this normal?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The reason I asked as I was about to go to an important appointment with my wife - and phone key was logged out of Tesla. It only threw me for a couple of minutes, but it was annoying.

Strange part was when I looked at TeslaFi. It too had lost it's token. Nothing had been logged today.

It's like Tesla.com invalidated my login and then restored it. The password was the same as I set it 10 months ago, but it just went "poof." Would this be normal after 10 months of no problems?

My iPhone has not updated recently, etc. Then again, it would not explain why TeslaFi could not automatically get a new token as it had gotten new ones for 10 months.

I hadn't been on Tesla.com website in a while and noticed they changed it. Is this recent? I had to re-login there too, even though I never had to do that before as well.

Sorry if this is naive, but it seems strange. Thanks.

Have a password you can remember? Definitely recommend using a password manager such as 1Password and a good password such as one generated by it. Mine are all 26 characters long and random letters and numbers.

On this topic, mine does log me out every several months, I suspect Tesla does it to be sure people do know their passwords. We do now have the option to use multi factor/two factor (which password managers such as 1Password can also handle for you :) ) to make things more secure from trivial passwords.

It requires you to put in a password every few months (I think it's much shorter than ten though). Usually it's in the middle of a trip. Most places give you a few days warning.

I also get booted every couple months. On top of that my car sometimes just refuses to use my phone and I have to go through the pairing process again (also every couple months) -- thank goodness I keep my card key tucked in my phone case.