Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My project for when it gets warm again/ Mount Rushmore trip

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought this tent new at Goodwill for $50 only for a couple of trips and festivals. it has sat in storage since well before COVID.
IMG_3191.jpeg

Since I Got it for so low (something similar is over $400 new). I don't mind possibly ruining it to modify it for camping with my Model Y.

Sadly the backside is also a door so I just can't cut a hole

But here is the rear.
IMG_3192.jpeg

It's wide enough that if I just wanted to back into the door and raise the trunk 1-2 feet and sleep in the tent with camp mode on (would need flaps to seal it. 😒

or

I could rotate the door 90 degrees ( the door is the same dimensions of the trunk opening) 🤮

or

and most likely I attach an extension to the tent, back up to the tent and connect it.

Yes I know I could simply buy one of the premade model y tents that are out there, but I already have the tent and a comfortable air mattress that fits me but not the Tesla.

Now before I buy this (Amazon.com) or try to make something similar, has anyone done something like this before or has the measurements for such a project?

My plan is to drive to Wisconsin Dells then to Mount Rushmore, but although I've camped in the hot summer many times before, to quote Danny Glover, "I'm getting too old for this 💩"