Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My reasons behind choosing a M3

pdk42

Jul 17, 2019
Leamington
The Model 3’s road noise is probably the car’s worst failing. My wife now has an ID3 and it’s way, way more refined. Road noise is much better suppressed. Almost no wind noise either.

Peteski

Oct 2, 2017
UK, Milton Keynes
Maybe I got lucky. My last two cars had really good sound systems, I admit also really expensive options too. Don't get me wrong I like the Tesla sound system. Just didn't think of it as exceptional.

The sound system in my MX is definitely better than the one in my M3 (both are premium package). It just has more depth and control over bass frequencies, which are slightly muddy in the M3. Not that the M3 sound is poor, I think it's actually pretty decent and way better than what you would typically get standard (or cheapish Bose upgrade) in other cars in this price range. The sound system in the MX is top notch. Really very good indeed and considerably better than I've experienced in the MS too. Maybe the bigger cabin volume helps. I do like Spotify as a music source too. No messing about with phones or files etc.

• Informative
Reactions: Jez_GB and Neilio

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC