Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MY Screen wont wake right away after a deep sleep

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any time im unplugged and the car sleeps for an hour+, the screen takes a while to turn on. I open the door fine, but the screen is black, sometimes I have to wait 30-45 seconds, or i start tapping the brake. Today i saw a notification quick that said "please wait 30 seconds for vehicle to power up"

not sure if related or not, but my nav volume never saves after waking up, I set it to about 80%, and it always goes back down to 50%. I push save at the top/it also says saved after I turn it higher.

Tesla either lets the car sleep so it uses less power and the owners who obsess over "phantom drain" will be quiet
Or the keep the car awake using more power and have it wake up instantly
Can't please most of the people most of the time :)

Seriously though - It does sound like your car is almost powering up rather than coming out of sleep, especially with that message.
Easiest thing to do is holler support. They will pull the logs and see what its doing.

Reactions: angus[Y]oung
@Hasek2 yes, the car is sleeping. I'm pretty sure that much delay is typical. If it bothers you, just bring up the Tesla app on your phone shortly before approaching your car, and you should see it will wake up far quicker.

@Hasek2 did you ever get this resolved? My apologies: my initial reply quoted above wasn't really correct. I've paid more attention a few times recently when waking up the vehicle after a lengthy sleep and it does only seem to take something like 5-6 seconds, not closer to 30. Hopefully you contacted support, as @Twiglett suggested.

@Hasek2 did you ever get this resolved? My apologies: my initial reply quoted above wasn't really correct. I've paid more attention a few times recently when waking up the vehicle after a lengthy sleep and it does only seem to take something like 5-6 seconds, not closer to 30. Hopefully you contacted support, as @Twiglett suggested.
Yes I did, wasn’t very helpful yet. They said it’s a USB error when they check my logs - so I took out my 3rd party usb, let it sleep, and the same thing happens - so I bought another from Amazon, both are usb 3.0. Still the same issue, looking for my Tesla usb to see if that will solve it.

in addition, while supercharging, I tried watching Hulu, so slow and laggy. It ended up freezing the whole screen, and I had to do a reset…

but I do have a mobile appointment this Thursday.