Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My self $106 install

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here is my self install. 3rd party nozzle holder, 100ft run- just over hundred bucks. The official charger is lust worthy, but this will do nicely.

Nice!

A handful of questions:
  • Does that conduit run direct into the electrical box without any kind of a fitting? (I might be missing something in the picture)
  • Is that 1/2 inch conduit?
  • You said you used 6 awg copper right? What size did you use for the Neutral and the Ground? (I am assuming you used a 14-50 receptacle, but I suppose it could be a 6-50 without a neutral)
  • What size breaker did you use (50a?)
I ask all these questions as 1/2 inch conduit is not of sufficient size for even two #6 AWG wires. (I may just not be looking at the picture properly - maybe that is 3/4in conduit?)

I love cost effective installs! It amazes me how the prices of charging setups vary so much!

Nice!

A handful of questions:
  • Does that conduit run direct into the electrical box without any kind of a fitting? (I might be missing something in the picture)
  • Is that 1/2 inch conduit?
  • You said you used 6 awg copper right? What size did you use for the Neutral and the Ground? (I am assuming you used a 14-50 receptacle, but I suppose it could be a 6-50 without a neutral)
  • What size breaker did you use (50a?)
I ask all these questions as 1/2 inch conduit is not of sufficient size for even two #6 AWG wires. (I may just not be looking at the picture properly - maybe that is 3/4in conduit?)

I love cost effective installs! It amazes me how the prices of charging setups vary so much!
I don’t see a knockout either and looks like 1/2 inch ..but either way great price on the install ;)