Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My self $106 install

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here is my self install. 3rd party nozzle holder, 100ft run- just over hundred bucks. The official charger is lust worthy, but this will do nicely.

Attachments

• 8297589A-3BCF-4FF6-8178-45B3670079FE.jpeg
    8297589A-3BCF-4FF6-8178-45B3670079FE.jpeg
    317.7 KB · Views: 240
Before you buy the tesla cable holder I'd suggest looking at the topfit one on amazon. The tesla holder does not hold the charging connector very well, it kinda just loosely balances the connector in place, if it gets bumped it will fall out. Terrible design, I wash shocked how bad it is! I would not buy it again.

This one is supposed to be much better but I haven't tried it.

https://www.amazon.com/Topfit-Charg...1-fkmr1&keywords=topfit+cable+organizer+tesla

• Informative
Reactions: Big Earl
Not sure. Anyone know code for 224 volt outlet height?
I think national code is 15" for outlets in general, not sure if 240 is specific. I think wire without conduit has limitations here for height, but yours is contained anyways. Did you use 6awg I take it, it's not a commercial outlet?

I thought the UMC was supposed to be able to hang as there are no notches or anything on it to support it with screws etc.

My garage outlets, both 120V & 240V were installed 48" AFF (above finished floor) by default by my electrical contractor during construction.

Leviton Installation_r.jpg

The Leviton EVSE plugs into the recessed 240V outlet level with the household outlet in the picture.

I think national code is 15" for outlets in general, not sure if 240 is specific. I think wire without conduit has limitations here for height, but yours is contained anyways. Did you use 6awg I take it, it's not a commercial outlet?

I thought the UMC was supposed to be able to hang as there are no notches or anything on it to support it with screws etc.
Yeah, 6awg. Outlet was from Home Depot and around 10 bucks.