Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My sisters cancelled our trip to Japan

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So unbelievably, my sister cancelled our trip to Japan just because I wouldn't submit to her and follow her orders. I was kinda against the idea at first, thinking there was a chance she will become bossy, but my mom said it was fine and she seemed fine planning the whole trip. At first, she didn't seem to mind planning the trip, and i was just going along with it since I wasn't worried about paying for the major expenses like hotel or planes. Few weeks left to go, I notice she gets bossy, but I wanted to not get into an argument before the trip.

So less than a week left to go, she gets even more bossy and starting to become a bridezilla version of traveling. She started hounding me down that I had to go pay for boarding for my bunnies, even though my mom agreed to take care of them. I told her many times, no that costs money, and mom already agreed. She said I was being selfish to mom and kept demanding I go pay for boarding, and I hung up on her.

Then she called me back threatening me that she is ready to cancel the trip if I don't listen to her. I just had enough and I told her to just cancel it and to stop bothering me. I was not going to beg her not to cancel the trip because I knew from there, this trip was already a bad idea. She expected to be top dog on this trip and I am to be the bottom bitch who is expected to listen to her. I knew she would either cancel the trip thinking she is gonna try to get back at me, or she will realize she needs to calm the **** down and compromise. She ended up cancelling the trip, which I am not surprised, but I have very little respect for her now that she would do something so drastic because she couldn't have her way. I was willing to make amends and still try going, but she already canceled everything without thinking it over, so I didn't care at that point.

She wasted my time for a trip I could have planned for myself, she likely wasted a ton of my parent's money as they were helping us out with this trip cancelling our plane & hotels. All because she couldn't get her way with me. I have little respect for anyone who would cancel a trip that cost a few $1000 bucks just because they wanna try get back at someone. I'm so glad I put no money into this trip, I am hoping if any money was lost, it was mostly her money, but my parents claim to have insurance or that they will get their money back. I'm not sure if they really lost money, and they just wanna cover up her selfish act.

But still, even without the money part, I'm still pissed. She's ****ing 33 years old and she still acting like a 8-15 year old older sister. And she seems to have no remorse to lose a few thousand dollars just because she wants to get back at me. ****ing stupid, I hope she gets less money when my parents decide to do their will and if she asks for a fair share, I will tell her to go **** off since she has no respect for money.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: NeverFollow
Good travel companions can be really hard to find. Being related or married doesn’t insure compatibility. If it’s a trip you really want to make, look for a good tour company if you don’t want to go alone.

Sometimes co-workers if your company is large enough can work although I remember a group of 4 friends at work years ago that planned for months for a trip to Australia. 3 came back as closer friends. No need to say the rest. Having similar tastes and ideas for fun and food and what to see isn’t always possible, especially if everyone isn’t flexible. Since everyone is paying for the trip, everyone should at least get to plan part if it.

Sounds like you’d really like to make this trip and hope you find a way to make it happen.

Reactions: NeverFollow
Vacation is the occasion to meet new people. Why don't you go on vacation by yourself then, or with friends or some significant other.
Where in Japan do you plan to go? Did you ever study the Japanese language?

Didn't study Japanese and planned on going on the whim.

I plan to go on a different vacation by myself. My sister had a huge fight even before the trip started, and she dropped the bomb and cancelled everything, just because I was not going to be a submissive person that would listen to her every order. She was overly obsessive about me learning about the culture, like making any cultural mistakes is not tolerated and accused me that I intended to act like Logan Paul in Japan.

We were gonna go to Tokyo, Kyoto, Bunny Island. But unfortunately, she became so irate the last few days coming up to the trip. I think she completely lost her mind, and I just couldn't handle her tyrannic behavior. So I told her if she wants to threaten me to cancel the trip, then just do it because I had enough of her bullshit. She probably was hoping I would submit and be like "don't cancel the trip, I will listen to you", but I was just not willing to be put in that situation so I told her to just do it and cancel the trip, and stop bothering me.

But surprised my sister couldn't even handle a single fight and had a big fight with me even before the trip started. There was no reason to fight, she kept calling me, looking for a fight to pick with me. Stupid bitch can't shut up if she can't have her way.

Didn't study Japanese and planned on going on the whim.

I plan to go on a different vacation by myself. My sister had a huge fight even before the trip started, and she dropped the bomb and cancelled everything, just because I was not going to be a submissive person that would listen to her every order. She was overly obsessive about me learning about the culture, like making any cultural mistakes is not tolerated and accused me that I intended to act like Logan Paul in Japan.

We were gonna go to Tokyo, Kyoto, Bunny Island. But unfortunately, she became so irate the last few days coming up to the trip. I think she completely lost her mind, and I just couldn't handle her tyrannic behavior. So I told her if she wants to threaten me to cancel the trip, then just do it because I had enough of her bullshit. She probably was hoping I would submit and be like "don't cancel the trip, I will listen to you", but I was just not willing to be put in that situation so I told her to just do it and cancel the trip, and stop bothering me.

But surprised my sister couldn't even handle a single fight and had a big fight with me even before the trip started. There was no reason to fight, she kept calling me, looking for a fight to pick with me. Stupid bitch can't shut up if she can't have her way.
Here some good websites for travel tips, Japanese culture in general, and kind of anecdote news.

Japan Cheapo
Tofugu
Sora News 24

You can find much more a bout Japan, depending what you are looking for, but I hope this can help for your trip.

If you don't want too much been with other tourists, a good way to blend with locals is getting in advance some tickets
for some events, like J-Pop groups or what ever you have interests.

What kind of accommodation do you plan to use? There are plenty of home stay which are cheaper than hotels.

Last edited:
If your schedule is flexible and you can make decisions on the whim as you say, sometimes there are ridiculous deals on flights. You might be able to pick up a round trip from Cali for just a couple hundred bucks. When you get there, check out capsule hotels or 24 hour internet cafes for what is usually a very clean and convenient cheap stay! Good luck!

Just got back from Japan a few months ago. It's an amazing country. I didn't know any Japanese, and I was fine traveling around. It's not like going to Europe, but people are super helpful. Just don't be afraid to ask questions, especially in train stations. Tokyo and Kyoto have a lot more English signage than in the past, as they are gearing up to host the 2020 Olympics.

• Informative
Reactions: Watts_Up
Will it be fun to explore a country alone? I have done that when my sister did not book my ticket to South Korea. She wants me to pay for the hotel and I said no. They left me for Christmas as she travels with my mother and brother. She told me that I should just travel on my own. Is it just me or an older sibling tends to be mean?

Asian people are hospitable, I am sure that you will have fun seeing the beauty of Japan. Also, there are a lot of travel agency that offers a city tour.

Well you can enjoy a trip alone if you want. Japan is an amazing country and worth a visit for sure. When I was there I rented property in Tokyo just because it was much cheaper and enjoyed my trip. If I needed some information I either stopped at the nearest hotel and asked them in English or asked at the touristic information desks. Many people speak English there and it is not a problem. You can safely walk, use public transport and visit all museums and shops.

• Informative
Reactions: Watts_Up