Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Tesla accident story

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi ! My Tesla s which I bought in feb2021 . I met an insane accident while driving at the speed of 5-10 km while coming out of my apartment hotel building and suddenly my car surged into speed without any warning and hit the passing car .

Luckily I survived and other car owner young lady and her two children survived .Her car was written off . I am just under so much stress after accident . I gave my car through my insurance company to Drive accident solution on 21 st March in Bribane .

I got my car almost after 4months and work shop people kept telling me that they are waiting for parts from Tesla body shop but on enquiring Tesla customer support they that they shipped all parts within week of orders , received and signed by Drive accident solution within week of shipping , yet I had to wait for another two months .then I was told at time of delivery on 27 th May2021 that my speed restraint model was defective and I was big shock to me .

Looking retrospectively the my Tesla car should given me warning or given me chime on approaching another but I had no warning and straight ahead smashed into another car . Tesla Australia apologize me on phone and replaced the part .

I got my car on 4 th June and it was another horror to me that left front wheel rim was not painted by Direct drive solution inspite of pointing it out at the time of leaving car to work shop . Some of approved work shop appointed by Tesla Australia have no clue what is required to give good service.

Prior to Tesla I owned two Toyota and three hybrid lexus cars and Toyota recalled one of our old car (which I have sold ) for defective series part even though I had no clue of defective part .similarly lexus shipped one part from Japan when I reported my rt front flip mirror of NX300 hybrid model won’t close while turning off the car . They gave me spare car and replaced part within fortnight .

I am disgusted with after sales Services of Tesla Australia and also of Drive accident solution . Now Drive accident solution asked me to approach Tesla Australia to get in writing about defective part which possibly contributed to an accident and could be solely responsible for an accident .

I have been getting flash back of accident and being more irritable.
I have asked Tesla Australia to give in writing about the incident and subsequent investigations leading to an accident .

please suggest should I take any other course of action . What would you do if you find out that you were driving a car with defective fitted part .
Thanks
Kind regards
Ajay

(moderator note: Line spacing added to make post readable. No other changes to post other than to add line spacing. Moved post from inside a thread that was not relevant to this issue, and created separate thread, with appropriate title)

Attachments

• DBDFB267-E079-457B-A80A-C8D254A010E9.jpeg
    DBDFB267-E079-457B-A80A-C8D254A010E9.jpeg
    441.8 KB · Views: 105
  • 9FB8D93E-863F-4C89-BE67-21712FDBF69F.jpeg
    9FB8D93E-863F-4C89-BE67-21712FDBF69F.jpeg
    501.1 KB · Views: 98
  • D34937E3-26AE-459D-9124-65010FE2C755.jpeg
    D34937E3-26AE-459D-9124-65010FE2C755.jpeg
    699.3 KB · Views: 86
  • 0C6EBFD3-A4E4-4608-9A42-C320FAC63C2E.jpeg
    0C6EBFD3-A4E4-4608-9A42-C320FAC63C2E.jpeg
    645.3 KB · Views: 91
Last edited by a moderator:
My car was drivable so it's why I have been so patient about it. I haven't had the need for a rental car. Also I work from home and have an e-bike. I rarely drive my car!!! Not exactly sure why I have one!
Please post it in Tesla customer car , they will get in touch with you ASAP . I was quite proactive getting my car repaired yet I had to wait four months for delivery of my car after repair and that too my left front wheel rim was not painted and left unfinished even though it was part of repair of damage during accident .
Ajay

Sorry to hear about your accident. As far as I understand Braking system is a safety critical component, so if you press it, no matter what, the brakes are engaged and the car will come to a stop. Braking overrides all other systems engaged.

Last edited:
I met an insane accident while driving at the speed of 5-10 km while coming out of my apartment hotel building and suddenly my car surged into speed without any warning and hit the passing car .

if that actually happened the way its described, instead of the way it has happened in every single one of these reports where someone says this, it will make national news.

With that being said, here we have "new tesla driver, shortly after purchase" (car purchased in Feb 2021, states car 4 month repair, so accident must have happened shortly after purchase), who swears that "car surged forward into speed without any warning" implying that it was without input from them.

What normally happens is, people take their foot off the accelerator, but the car is not slowing down as much as they need it to, they panic, and hit the pedal that they were just hitting (which is the accelerator). Of course, its also possible that this is the first actual, provable case of "sudden unintended acceleration" as well, and if so, and its proven, this person is about to be very rich.

==============================

(model 3 forum moderator note: Since this story is for a model S, moving the thread to the model S subforum).