Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Tesla Showing AP Hardware 1 with Convenience Features?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a MS on order with a late Dec delivery and when I logged into My Tesla the build changed from AP to AP 1 with convenience features and my understanding was that Tesla was going to be including AP 2.0 hardware with all new builds going into production as of 10/17.

Granted, when I paid my deposit for AP that line item was $2,500 and now things have changed. Would it be fair to say that Tesla is playing hard ball in an attempt to allow me to assume that if I don't opt-in for the additional $2,500 payment to get "Enhanced AP" then I will get AP 1.0, which I know isn't the case?

Screen Shot 2016-10-21 at 11.43.42 AM.jpg

Last edited:
I have a MS on order with a late Dec delivery and when I logged into My Tesla the build changed from AP to AP 1 with convenience features and my understanding was that Tesla was going to be including AP 2.0 hardware with all new builds going into production as of 10/17.

Granted, when I paid my deposit for AP that line item was $2,500 and now things have changed. Would it be fair to say that Tesla is playing hard ball in an attempt to allow me to assume that if I don't opt-in for the additional $2,500 payment to get "Enhanced AP" then I will get AP 1.0, which I know isn't the case?

I am in same boat - i accept my order on 10/7 -- so when i reached out to my DS - he did confirm that my MS will have the new hardware - but i should be getting a email from Tesla about changing to Enhanced AP -- i paid 3K - so if i wanted that i would have to dish out another 2k and another 3k for the FADriving...

not sure when i will get the email from Tesla - but i would encourage you to be proactive and reach out to your DS

I am in same boat - i accept my order on 10/7 -- so when i reached out to my DS - he did confirm that my MS will have the new hardware - but i should be getting a email from Tesla about changing to Enhanced AP -- i paid 3K - so if i wanted that i would have to dish out another 2k and another 3k for the FADriving...

not sure when i will get the email from Tesla - but i would encourage you to be proactive and reach out to your DS

Great idea, I will do that now.

I also reached out to my DS to upgrade me to the P100D and she stated that she had to send into "configurations" to fulfill that request.