Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My test drive today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The lifetime of the lithium-ion batterie depends heavily on the DOD. You always put double the stress of on the 40kWh batterie as on the 85kWh battery. The lifetime of the 85kWh batterie may not be simple the double it may be even 4-5t times. When it will be, that the 85kWh will be drop down to 40kWh it is still like a new 40kWh while you had to replace your 40kWh back 4-5 times already.

The durability of the 85kWh (and better warranty) is the original reason I settled on the 85kWh over the 60kWh. Though, honestly I am (like many) leaning more and more towards the Performance model, which has no rational basis.

I paid the reservation fee about 1 month ago and scheduled a test drive.
Please tell me more about the test drive process.
You filled out the form on the website and then what? They called you with the nearest open slots? How long did they take to respond? What kind of date selection did they give you? How specific was the appointment (I got the impression that you have to call and actually secure your specific spot the day you're coming in)?

The reason for all these questions is simple; I'm planning to book a Model S test drive, but Toronto isn't exactly a day trip for me. This excursion will likely mean booking time off work, a plane ticket, and a hotel stay (or two). Needless to say, I want to be as sure as possible I'll get my time with the car when I get there.

I live very close to the Tesla store and arranging a test drive was quite simple. I am sure if you call ahead, they will set something up for you. Likely, there will be quite a few deliveries by the end of April and possibly someone nearby you will give you a test drive and save you the trip to Toronto.

When I planned to come to Toronto for a family event from Alberta, I set up a test drive about a month in advance. It seemed to be no problem and I even switched days a week before the drive. Didn't hurt that I was a reservation holder by then, but I think if you are serious about checking out the car, they will make it happen. I arranged it thought Martin via e-mail.
The test drive was great and I learned a few things although by then I knew what to expect so wasn't as blown away as some seem to be. Which makes it a purchase of cold hard logic rather than having drank the Tesla Kool-aid. (Hahaha). Nonetheless, I have finalized and look forward to delivery in March/April.

Turns out I may not have to make a separate trip after all. I've got a 5-hour layover in Toronto on my way to see my sister in Newfoundland, so I'm going to try and catch a cab over to the Tesla store. I probably won't get a test drive, but I'll be able to see the car in person at least.

Anybody ever made a run from Pearson to Yorkdale Mall before? Seems like a pretty straight shot on the map. I'd think 15-20 minutes travel time should cover it. Any areas of significant delay en route I should know about?

Turns out I may not have to make a separate trip after all. I've got a 5-hour layover in Toronto on my way to see my sister in Newfoundland, so I'm going to try and catch a cab over to the Tesla store. I probably won't get a test drive, but I'll be able to see the car in person at least.

Anybody ever made a run from Pearson to Yorkdale Mall before? Seems like a pretty straight shot on the map. I'd think 15-20 minutes travel time should cover it. Any areas of significant delay en route I should know about?
Why don't you call the store. Their test drive schedule is not that busy during the weekdays. I think they can accommodate your schedule.

Why don't you call the store. Their test drive schedule is not that busy during the weekdays. I think they can accommodate your schedule.
I may end up doing that when I land (Putting the Yorkdale number in my phone now). Not much point in doing it before then because my flight may be delayed or late, so I don't know when (or even if) I'll get there. If they have an opening, great. If not, I guess I'll have to wait until summer.