Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My thesis on TSLA

Will Tesla make more products in successive years?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Buckminster

Aug 29, 2018
UK
I have been researching TSLA now for many hundreds of hours and am now ready to share my incredibly insightful thoughts with the entirety of the solar system:

Exhibit A:
It seems to me that a good business is one where the product made sells for great deal of money but only costs a fraction to make. Tesla seem to have both of these attributes from my laborious research and I find very little to contradict it.

Thought experiment:
If Tesla were to make more product, they would have created a mechanism where the "profit" created out of thin air (see exhibit A), is re-invested to make more profit. It is a kind of a perpetual motion machine but even better. You could use the analogy of it being a little like an amplifier & speaker in a transistor radio playing Schubert or some such and then putting a microphone near it connected to an even bigger amplifier & speaker and so on. DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME!

Conclusion:
I very much hope that Tesla decide to act upon my idea (building an increasing number of products), in which case, I believe the TSLA share price should increase somewhat inline with the number of products made.

Notes:
The trick to remember is that nobody up until now has thought through the complexity of what I have outlined above - you need to have a thought in your head and then add another one to it before you forget the first. I recommend meditation first to clear your mind before you make any attempt to follow my thesis - particularly the thought experiment section.

None required - I am rather blinkered in my views once I have made my mind up. However, to gain respect amongst my above average intelligence peers, I ask that you answer a quick questionnaire. No more than 20 minutes of your time is required.

I have been researching TSLA now for many hundreds of hours and am now ready to share my incredibly insightful thoughts with the entirety of the solar system:

Exhibit A:
It seems to me that a good business is one where the product made sells for great deal of money but only costs a fraction to make. Tesla seem to have both of these attributes from my laborious research and I find very little to contradict it.

Thought experiment:
If Tesla were to make more product, they would have created a mechanism where the "profit" created out of thin air (see exhibit A), is re-invested to make more profit. It is a kind of a perpetual motion machine but even better. You could use the analogy of it being a little like an amplifier & speaker in a transistor radio playing Schubert or some such and then putting a microphone near it connected to an even bigger amplifier & speaker and so on. DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME!

Conclusion:
I very much hope that Tesla decide to act upon my idea (building an increasing number of products), in which case, I believe the TSLA share price should increase somewhat inline with the number of products made.

Notes:
The trick to remember is that nobody up until now has thought through the complexity of what I have outlined above - you need to have a thought in your head and then add another one to it before you forget the first. I recommend meditation first to clear your mind before you make any attempt to follow my thesis - particularly the thought experiment section.

None required - I am rather blinkered in my views once I have made my mind up. However, to gain respect amongst my above average intelligence peers, I ask that you answer a quick questionnaire. No more than 20 minutes of your time is required.

Where's the questionnaire? I need to repay this brilliant insight with my own opinions.:)

Edit: (Oh that was it... took me 27 minutes to answer)

Last edited:
Exhibit A:
Tesla EV's do NOT cost a fraction to make. However, Tesla does sell its products well and make some good profit wrt traditional auto makers, and they do re-invest for perpetual growth in mind (superchargers, gigafactories, ....)
And what is the purpose of this poll and "questionnaire"?

Tesla EV's do NOT cost a fraction to make

How dare you contradict the Oracle of Tesli!

Esp when you are misreading:
It seems to me that a good business is one where the product made sells for great deal of money but only costs a fraction to make.
As ye yourself doth say
make some good profit
Tesla products are GM positive, thus they cost a fraction of the sale price to make. 20% GM means the 3 costs 4/5 of the sales price to make.
Further, 3/2 is also a fraction which encompasses products that lose money.

Repent!
;)

• Funny
Reactions: anthonyj
How dare you contradict the Oracle of Tesli!

Esp when you are misreading:

As ye yourself doth say

Tesla products are GM positive, thus they cost a fraction of the sale price to make. 20% GM means the 3 costs 4/5 of the sales price to make.
Further, 3/2 is also a fraction which encompasses products that lose money.

Repent!
;)
Sale price of 5/4 (losing money) is also a fraction, based on your definition

Now now children...

I am a very busy person but I will attempt to bless you with my talent:

Number 1 - please do not refer to me as an oracle - I am really a rather humble warrior in the yogic sense. In truth, I am merely an entrepreneur with a mind so honed by business intelligence articles read over many years that I have learnt to spot a trend in the world sometimes minutes before anyone else! Perhaps sage would be a more herbalistic title - if you must...

Number 2 - as I said before, I am really very busy. My duties include:

1) Maintaining morale on this thread:
TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable
I have them eating out of my hand (including that Fact Checking upstart). When I have time, I throw them a bone with some inane comment or posting the latest Electrek article which they all hate to love (and sometimes love to hate).

2) Instigating this thread:
Super Bulls Only
Here I pose as a super bull that simultaneously pushes the TSLA share price up whilst ensuring it doesn't go up too much too fast - that would be crazy.

3) Single handedly up-keeping this thread:
Dry powder / milestones
Here I am at my finest; coordinating Elon's strategy whilst posing as an intellectual novice that struggles to read the dates on tweets.

I dare not state my true personality - it is complex and I like to keep you all guessing. I could be a brilliant short that is playing a long long long game - reeling you all into losing your money on TSLA.
For clarity (my mindful mind can be a little subtle for some); I meant long in terms of time rather than long in terms of short shorts.

Number 3 - At the time of writing, 11 individuals have voted that they think I am right and Tesla should increase the number of products manufactured over following years. Zero think Tesla should continue at the same pace. Based on this 100% almost 6 sigma statistical methodology to 4 standard places outcome, I suggest that we now recommend to Elon building more Model 3s (they could increase to 10k per week with a modest China plant) and perhaps design a new auto in the compact SUV segment. I suggest calling it the Model Y because that comes after X in the alphabet.

• Funny
Reactions: neroden and Fobble
Number 3 - At the time of writing, 11 individuals have voted that they think I am right and Tesla should increase the number of products manufactured over following years. Zero think Tesla should continue at the same pace. Based on this 100% almost 6 sigma statistical methodology to 4 standard places outcome, I suggest that we now recommend to Elon building more Model 3s (they could increase to 10k per week with a modest China plant) and perhaps design a new auto in the compact SUV segment. I suggest calling it the Model Y because that comes after X in the alphabet.

Whoa whoa whoa, stop the bus.
Are we talking more products as in different products as in the pickup that should be in my driveway after the stock price equals 1/50 of the truck price, or just more of the same product?

Admittedly, I would still vote yes, but I want to know what I am agreeing to.

Whoa whoa whoa, stop the bus.
Are we talking more products as in different products as in the pickup that should be in my driveway after the stock price equals 1/50 of the truck price, or just more of the same product?

Admittedly, I would still vote yes, but I want to know what I am agreeing to.
In my most mindful of minds I was thinking both. However, the answer lies in your heart and it should mean whatever you desired as a baby when your Mongonian Michigan mind was one with the universe and it's darkest of dark energy/matter.

The dice have been rolled, Elon has been informed, nothing can stop us now.

I don't have time for this - I must endeavour to find more time to put towards the Brexit effort. I am single handedly navigating the country through this maze of snakes and ladders whilst my brethren stick to their "we are too close to the EU" line or "we are not close enough to the EU" line... I will knock heads together - the world will learn that there is a wrong way to do things and my way!

I correctly foreshadowed Model Y. I hear your applause like ants on a doughnut.

Next up; I predict that Tesla will automate the process of changing gears using the stick selector. Whilst doing this, other simpler tasks such as removing the great ape from the driver seat will inevitably follow like Easter eggs fired from an automatic rifle.

That sentence was both clever and funny. Partly because we are currently enjoying a long Easter weekend and partly because "great ape" sounds amusing.

• Funny
Reactions: neroden