Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MY with 56K miles needs major suspension repairs - Over $4000

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have 2020 MYLR with 56K miles. Recently noticed sound when driving over 60mph, sounds like driving over expansion joints on bridge but not as loud. Brought the car to Tesla, they told me the rear knuckles & hubs need to be replaced for $2,700 and also front lower lateral and compliance links replaced for additional $2000. After I peeled myself off the ceiling I did some research and found that Telsa suspensions have known major problems. There have been some small recalls but there appear to be 10s of thousands of repairs to the suspension with Tesla refusing to cover under warranty claiming the fault is with the owners/drivers of the car. Anyone have similar issues?

Take the car to a regular mechanic and ask them to take a look at it. There is nothing special about the suspension that requires Tesla. Don't tell them you already went to Tesla.

A regular mechanic should just find the issue and fix it rather than try to replace all those parts. It should also be significantly cheaper.