Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My wonderful CPO experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all,

So I just took delivery of my Model S 85D on Tuesday and absolutely love it! It is a 85D w/ 13k miles (was located in NJ, I am in IL). Here is my timeline:

June 18 - Put my deposit down for it, get contacted by sales advisor minutes later for warm welcome
June 19 - Discuss financing, charging options, trade in, etc.
June 21 - Receive pictures of car, looks immaculate sans some scratches on the bumper, trivial however. Upload insurance docs to my profile on tesla.com
June 25 - Ask about whether or not the car is in transit to my state, it is but details are vague.
June 27 - Tesla opens up model 3 configuration to everyone. Originally I wanted a model 3 performance so I am thinking about cancelling my model S order. The order is already in transit and if I cancel I will lose $3500 ($1k deposit + $2.5k transport fee)
June 28 - Decide to stay with the model s. Status of car is it is in Ohio, ETA is Saturday and appointment for pickup will be scheduled.
June 29 - Ask advisor for status, ETA changed to either Monday or Tuesday due to delivery driver having to make more stops.
July 2 - Appointment confirmed for tomorrow. Excitement intensifies
July 3 - The big day. Arrive 5 minutes early for my appt. staff takes me to my car. Car is absolutely immaculate inside and out. Tech teaches me everything about the car. Here comes the paperwork, have to sign about 3-4 things, am notified of title/registration is done and plates will be coming in the mail and I'm done. Tech drives car to the outside lot and I'm driving home.

Overall experience: Absolutely phenomenal. It sucks that I read so many nightmare stories about how it takes too long, no cleaning done or delivery issues. I made it as simple as possible for Tesla, meaning no financing and no trade in. The CPO buying experience is SEAMLESS.

The car itself: this is like driving something from the future. The acceleration, charging and systems are just mind blowing. This is probably the best purchase I have made so far in my life.

June 18 - Put my deposit down for it, get contacted by sales advisor minutes later for warm welcome

June 27 - Tesla opens up model 3 configuration to everyone. Originally I wanted a model 3 performance so I am thinking about cancelling my model S order. The order is already in transit and if I cancel I will lose $3500 ($1k deposit + $2.5k transport fee)

If you only put $1,000 deposit, you will not lose $3500.
You can transfer your $1,000 deposit to purchase another car. That's what I did.
You will not lose the $2,500 transport fee because you never gave them that money in the first place. The car I previously cancelled was from out of state and since I never paid the transportation fee upfront, I didn't lose it.