Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYLR Screen Froze. What to do?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2022 MYLR with about 2,400 miles. Never had a problem but all of a sudden the screen is frozen. I can't answer a phone or hit the car icon to adjust anything in the car. I have not done any recent software updates. What is the best procedure for unfreezing it? Should I be making an appointment with Tesla service. Any help is appreciated.

It appears that the latest software (2022.12.3.20) has some serious bugs. I've had my screen freeze at least 3 times since I got the update and yesterday my Homelink did not auto go off at the footage specified. I've done a bug report in the car and everyone else experiencing this should do the same. press & hold the car icon to force the bug report to send.

(For the 100th time since this myth doesn't want to die) entering a bug report in the car only leaves a trace in the car's log, nothing is sent to Tesla. This is useful if you also create a service request and the tech has a look at your car's logs, pulling the period of time you will tell them the problem arose in.

(For the 100th time since this myth doesn't want to die) entering a bug report in the car only leaves a trace in the car's log, nothing is sent to Tesla. This is useful if you also create a service request and the tech has a look at your car's logs, pulling the period of time you will tell them the problem arose in.
The Tesla tech via the app/service area said specifically to do this. Are they just trying to placate us by telling us to do this even though it probably won't amount to anything? How else can we show our displeasure with a OS release? Please don't say tweet at Musk...that's pointless as well. Tesla needs a real bug reporting system it appears.

I'll be very happy if someone can prove that this does anything else than put a note in the local car logs. That in itself is very useful for the tech that works on your car when you enter a service request. If you tell them exactly when the problem happened (because the logs are huge and it would take too long for them to browse through all the stuff), they can pinpoint the problem quickly. It's just not automatically sent to Tesla as far as I know, and that is the part I would be happy to be shown otherwise.
Note that the car does send data to Tesla, assuming you checked the data privacy questions. That is anonymised and helps them resolve issues that plague many users. It's possible that your problem is sent to them as part of that but there's no guarantee, and I don't believe holding a button in the car changes much.