Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP Ground Clearance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

MY-user

MYLR, 5s, OD9/10, received on Nov. 29.
Sep 15, 2021
Colorado
I placed a MYLR order yesterday but I really want MYP. Does anyone have experience with MYP scraping driveway when getting in or out of your driveway? I'm concerned because it's about 3/4" lower than MYLR and it might be an issue.
I owned MYLR without issues until it was totaled last week.

Thought it was only .5" lower than the MYLR not .75" ?

In comparison the MYLR is 1.3" higher ground clearance than the M3LR ; so the MYP is still higher than the AWD 3 sedan by a decent amount.
In 5 years of driving a 3 I only had an issue with 1 driveway ; fortunately not my own. The Model 3 is fairly low though.
I suspect for your driveway if sedans are ok with it, the MYP will be as well.

Last edited:
Thought it was only .5" lower than the MYLR not .75" ?

In comparison the MYLR is 1.3" higher ground clearance than the M3LR ; so the MYP is still higher than the AWD 3 sedan by a decent amount.
In 5 years of driving a 3 I only had an issue with 1 driveway ; fortunately not my own. The Model 3 is fairly low though.
I suspect for your driveway if sedans are ok with it, the MYP will be as well.
Its really more 2/3"(17mm) and even then, its slightly different from front to rear (1mm lower rear for MYP, 2mm lower rear for MYLR).

OK, I got an overnight loaner from Tesla 60 miles away from my place and tried it on my driveway. The clearance is fine and I changed my order from MYLR to MYP!
Now another thing I changed was the interior from White to Black. When I was driving back I noticed white trim reflecting in the window right against the side mirror and it was a deal breaker for me. Too annoying when the sun is shining from the front.

Attachments

• 20240626_090826.jpg
    20240626_090826.jpg
    279.1 KB · Views: 5
Reactions: mreynolds767
Glare is definitely an issue with the white interior. They should not have made that dash strip White, some people replace it after market but that adds another expense.

Given how good the turn signal side camera feature is now, I admit to not using my side cameras much so not a big deal for me but understand why you found it annoying.
The white seats are said to be a little softer (not proven) and do not get as hot (proven).

Reactions: MY-user
Glare is definitely an issue with the white interior. They should not have made that dash strip White, some people replace it after market but that adds another expense.

Given how good the turn signal side camera feature is now, I admit to not using my side cameras much so not a big deal for me but understand why you found it annoying.
The white seats are said to be a little softer (not proven) and do not get as hot (proven).

I know about the black seats getting hot and I'm ok with it. I've had MYLR for almost 3 years until it got rear-ended and totaled last week. I'm glad the cameras worked perfectly and I have a clear evidence that the car behind was at fault.